Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

dt360 in 97 obs f250

19K views 54 replies 16 participants last post by  turboteeljr21 
#1 ·
im new to the psn i am 21 years old but im not new to the diesel world i been pulling tractors sense i was 12 and i built my truck over the winter i used a 1993 school bus frame dt360 and a 5 speed spicer i had danas under it now i have 2.5 rockwells but my top speed now is 48:doh: i was wondering if any one knows of faster gearing for the rockwells or a better transfercase setup i am using the 6x6 transfercase and its a single speed one the truck is a runner tho has a good a pump turned up to the max i can got on the stock pump and a good h2e turbo

#4 ·
Well u both can start by not being ass holes and I didnt no grammer had any thing to do with building a truck and yes I have been pulling tractors sense I was 12 I was born and raised on a farm which is more then you two can say and yes top speed of 48 I was just seing if any body knew how to help not talk crap I built my truck from nothing I no what I am talking about so thamks for nothing

#6 ·
I don't think there are any different gears available for rockwells. Only way to gain any speed would be to run bigger tires, a different transmission with overdrive, or some sort of auxiliary overdrive unit. DT360 + 6.72 gears = no speed.

#8 ·
Dirt 99 do you even no what your talikng about do you even no what a dt360 is how about the cubic inch of one or could you build one in a old body style didnt think so and for one how bout you have some some respect for farmers we feed your fat ass and I dont have sheep so next time you eat why dont you think about how that food got there I have no respect for peole like you

#9 ·
im new to the psn i am 12 years old but im not new to the diesel world i been pulling tractors sense i was 12 and i built my truck over the winter i used a 1993 school bus frame dt360 and a 5 speed spicer i had danas under it now i have 2.5 rockwells but my top speed now is 48:doh: i was wondering if any one knows of faster gearing for the rockwells or a better transfercase setup i am using the 6x6 transfercase and its a single speed one the truck is a runner tho has a good a pump turned up to the max i can got on the stock pump and a good h2e turbo
fixed it for ya.:pointlaugh::doh:

#10 ·
Internet trash is something you have to deal with. It is just a part of the cyber world. It is hard to parse what you are saying, proper grammar and spelling makes your intent and thoughts clear and easier to understand. That being said, I love the dt360 idea. I am currently putting one in my Excursion.
Unless anything has changed you can not re-gear the Rockwell. Bigger tires is the easiest way to help. You could let the motor spin more but be careful, I was warned not to spin more than 4k unless it's balanced.
If you want you can run the e4od or 4r100 like I am, just get a hold of Carson Stauffer for an adapter and flex plate.

#13 ·
from reading your posts, i would assume that this is the first time that you have ever logged onto a forum? It is COMMON KNOWLEDGE that people who can't spell, type run-on sentences, have bad grammer and no knowledge of proper punctuation have relatively short lifespans on forums because NO ONE will read your posts...simply because it will give people a headache from trying to figure out what you are saying...don't like it? then leave, you wont be missed.

building pullers since you were 12? and you couldnt figure out why your top speed was only 48mph:doh:

here i found a video of your pullers- LOLLOL:pointlaugh:

btw, wlcme 2 the sight! hop u enjoi ur sta!!! < see what i mean?

#15 ·
For one I am no trying to start problems I had a simple question. Was trying to see if any one had any odeas. Tractrors and trucks are two differnt things, I have never used rock wells before, i knew they where geared low and why it would only do 48. I asked if any one kneww il they made gears. No that is not a pulller I have made, I never said I havw been building them sense I was 12 I said pulling. The tactor is not a m either its a 1086 but you would not know what that is.

#20 ·
Ok, now if you go asking if you can pull your tranny in your driveway, you will be in the target zone again.LOL Welcome to PSN. Go to the conversions and if you got them, post pictures and what you learned while doing your DT360 conversion and 2.5 ton axle swap to your OBS. I wouldn't mind seeing it personally.

#22 ·
well this is my build, still got a long way to go. Now its just the time and money game. Spent alot of long nights one this project, thats where i got midnight magic from. The frame motor and tranny i got from a 1993 school bus.

Attachments

#27 ·
Wow... just wow, Dirt_99 you are a douche.

Truck looks good man! That is quite a bumper on there too. You might find better information about rockwells on an off-road forum since not too many people on this site are running them in their truck. Keep us updated man!

#29 ·
Well got a pull coming up saturday. I got 4 days to do alot of work, mainly just switching fuel sytem around and throwing some water at it. For now pulling the stock a pump off that I turned up all the way and replacing it with a 13mm rotary off are pulling tractor, also much bigger set of ingectors and to top that off adding water. So one of 3 things are bound to happen 1 clutch is goin to slip, which a nice double disk is next on the list any way. 2 blow the head gasket, which also is next in line solve promlem= fire ringing it. And last but not least could be way to mu ch fuel for the 360 and flood it out, or even better all 3 will happen in one day lol theres only one way to tell and thats run her. She will go or blow videos may be following after saturday lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.