Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

YES, I am a traitor....

3K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  DppPower 
#1 ·
I have been waiting for my machinist to get my block done and all of my custom parts made for my new setup. We have run into a few snags here and there delaying progress but I was still confident it would be done by the end of this month. However I got a call a couple weeks ago from the machinist and he informed me that he was not going be able to get everything done in time for a couple big important pulls I was shooting for this year. So at that point I told him to not worry about it and we will come out fresh and new beginning of next year.

Now there is NO WAY I could go the whole year without have something to pull. I cannot believe I did this myself but I bought a Duramax to play with for the rest of this year.

It is a like new very well maintained low milage 2001 model. Bought it mid last week and we pulled it in the shop this week and done some work including headstuds, injectors, fuel system, exhaust, intake and front end work. We got it finished at 6:30 last night and pulled it out and headed straight to the pulls.

I may be a traitor for this year but my Stroker is top priority and I can't wait to get it going and on the track.

And just so you all can make fun of my Duramax Tampon here is a vid from last night. Got to get some tires and suspension stops this week.

See less See more
#7 ·
Looked like you should've had spurs on! Truck was a little rank wasn't it? Lol

#9 ·
I dropped them all the way saturday and I have adjustable suspension stops in the rear allowing only one inch of travel. It did not bounce a bit saturday night but I did bend another center link when I got to the end of the track and it really started digging.

I even had the PPE pitman and idler brackets and had ratchet straps around the centerlink. I went ahead and ordered a new aftermarket straight center link and they claim will fix all the issues.

#10 ·
Sure wish I had vids of the Power Stroke to post. But until it gets done over the winter this is all I have.

Pulled 306.XX feet with a 22mph ground speed.

Still 700 pounds under weight and not much for tires.

Also still running on stock turbo do to parts being on back order for the one I ordered a over a month and half ago. So stock turbo is likely to go BOOOOM any time.

Not a bad running truck for only $2500 in parts so far.

#12 ·
Well I am a DOUBLE TRAITOR now...

Bought a 2001 24V Dodge today. Has Shied P-Pump, Big Lines, Injectors, S480 turbo, Head and bottom end studs, O-ringed, water injection, Air Dog, Traction bars, SB Double Disc and gauges. I think that covers it all.

It was a deal I could not pass up.

Going tomorrow to get pulling hitch put under it, weight bar, roll pan, sled stops, suspension stops and hood stack. Then it will be hooking to sled Saturday.

Will hopefully have a video posted Sunday.

This means next year I will be pulling 3 trucks. Single cab P-Pumped Power Stroke, Extended Cab P-Pumped 24V, and Crew cab Duramax.

Not sure yet how I will get them all to the pulls.:doh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.