Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

05 F350 Front Sway Bar After 4-link

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  07_powerstroke 
#1 ·
Does anyone know the diameter of the Sway bar on an 05 f350 DRW?

I put a 4-link 4" lift on the wife's truck and the 7/8 bar that came on the SRW CCLB isn't cutting it anymore. It has a Hellwig in the rear. I just trying to save a few bucks. DRW bar is about $75 shipped Hellwig is $150 and backordered as far as I can tell.

The DRW bar should be a cheap upgrade, I just want to verify the diameter before I order it.

What I find weird is the Hellwig upgrade for the 05-07 trucks is 1 1/8" 08-10 1 1/4" 2011 is 1 1/2"

Is there something we are missing that Hellwig figured out?

Thanks

#2 ·
Cant help you but would like to know how it works out for you. I noticed more sway when I went with 4-link too. I've had it for over 4 years now and haven't done anything about it. I still tow my 5th wheel but I think the rear airbags help with sway alot. I have been thinking of removing the 4-link.

#3 ·
I had the same problem after installing the 4 link setup. I bought the Helwig 1.25 bar and the truck dosent have that shimmy anymore. It actualy rides better than the stock bar.

Good luck

#5 ·
The factory bar on a 2wd 99-07 may be thicker and might work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.