Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

4r100 DIY build?

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  blackbetty13 
#1 ·
i would like to build a 4r100 for a 2000 f250 2wd and i would like to do it myself. i have less than $5000 in the entire truck including all hot rod parts and purchase price so i dont really want to drop 5 grand on a trans.

the motor will be capable of around 600hp +-.

i have built a couple stock app gas c-6 trannys over the years but never anything special. i am a machinist and fabricator with my own shop and am pretty much capable of figuring out anything mechanical.

i am looking for some good reading and whatever info that i may need to do this. also what internal hard parts should i upgrade at this level. i know i will need a good converter and valve body from bts but i want to do the rest myself.

i would love to here any input you guys may have.

thanks,
barry

#2 ·
precision converter without a doubt billitt input, output, and intermediate shafts, steel clutches. you can get them from (suncoast or racer x) bts valve body, shift kit upgraded planeatary and im sure people will chime in shortly

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.