Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

some opinions please

754 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  94idi 
#1 ·
hey guys had a few quick questions to see what you think. i have a 99 f250 lifted 4" on 35's on 16.5" wheels so iam in need of so new rubber but its gettin pretty expensive to do the wheel and tire combo. ive seen some other trucks lowered 4x4's and they look great. would there be any pros and cons droppin the truck down and running street tires and dropong all the extra bumper weight. plus i never go off road anymore just in town driving. i dont race just a few runs here and there. sorry for the long post

Thanks J.D.

#2 ·
Pros, better gas mileage, more power, better looking truck.

Cons, hmmm there are zero.

#3 ·
thanks haha i think iam do the ex springs up front and pull the block out the rear and run 305/50/20 tires. iam pretty sure my truck will be a little quicker.

#4 ·
I'm over the big tire thing as well. Always had 36s on past trucks now I won't go over 33. I like the short and wide look although I think a 4.5" lift looks perfect with 33s. Big tires are just too much of a hassle for daily driving. Kills your gas mileage, takes forever to come to a stop, harder to turn, the list goes on.

#7 ·
I've realized the same thing. I went from big trucks with 6 inch kits 35s even had a few trucks with 39s. My current truck is at a 33 I won't go over it. As Dangyo said, there really aren't any cons unless you love lifted trucks. Fuel economy, more power since your not wasting it turning over big tires.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.