Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

4" lift and cut outs

2K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  ElMachine 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I just got a BDS 4" kit installed on my 02 F350, looking to throw some cut outs on it after it's done getting some bodywork done to it. Planning on 40x13.50R17 Yokohama MTs as a starting point since they are cheap and I don't know what's gonna work yet. My concern is the width of the tire being too narrow and the wheel choices. Anyone know where I can find a 17x10 or wider wheel for a super duty? Theres lots of 17x9 but only 4.5 backspace which I feel won't stick out enough. A couple 17x10's that I can find but only one that would look good on my truck (black Diamo 17 Karat) is 5" backspace which would be even worse. Just looking for some leads and any input on tire size and backspacing etc is much appreciated. I also have a lead on some cheap 41x14.50r18 Iroks but I put alot of mileage on this truck so that's not really an option (although it would be fun in the snow)

#4 ·
You want 4.5-4.75 BS

IMO you will be happiest with 10 wide wheels or even 12" wide

Actually with 10" wide wheels the 13.50 will work well as 14.5 would rub the leaf slightly at full lockout.
Remember the wider the tire to the wheel the more it bulges out and given a fixed backspacing the more chance of it hitting the leafs especially in the 38" up tires.

#5 ·
Thanks dude, my biggest problem, I think, will be the 13.5's looking way too skinny with those flares I may go to the 40x15.50R20 Yokohamas, still cheap for the size but thats gonna drive up my wheel and tire cost a couple grand

Anyone think if I go with a 17x10 wheel with 4 inch backspacing the 13.5's could look good? I Want at least 37's on this truck and I'm pretty much stuck with flares because I have to cover up some custom bedliner work the previous owner did around the wheel lip.

I've seen a couple guy's running 37's with a 4 inch lift on here, I am guessing 8 inch rim? Why doesn't bushwacker make a cutout flare that is in between bolt on and huge cuts?

#6 ·
37's and 4" lift...

Cant tell ya what the wheel is anymore, been way too many years.

#8 ·
None other then on the springs at full lock. And thats because of the offset.

#9 ·
Unless there was trimming done or worked the inner liner or front or rear liner I can not see there not being rubbing on a 4" lift with 37s.

#10 ·

Front bumper is trimmed just a tiny bit. I doubt you would even see the inside edge being trimmed. Otherwise unmolested

#13 ·
Wheels had to come from Los Angeles, finally arrived and... they fit

Required some trimming of the bumper, not as much as I did I was in a hurry and have a plate bumper in the works so wasn't too worried about it
They do rub on the plastic inner fender when turning and going over bumps but I will pull them back when I have a chance and should be all good
No rubbing on the springs and the truck feels very stable and handles suprisingly well. No gotta start saving for a transmission since I'm sure mine won't like these tires too much

Oh and my fuel mileage is up slightly, about 50 extra km's per tank so far

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.