Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

New look

4K views 45 replies 20 participants last post by  powerlifter405 
#1 ·
Trucks a little lower but not finished yet. Still need to get 5.4 springs and remove the running boards.

Before

Now

Also the ghetto look

See less See more
#5 ·
Thanks. And I was able to run my 1 piece drive shaft no problem I had just enough slip in the yoke to not have any issues.

Looks nice! What made you decide to change?
Got tired of the lift and wanted something more practicle. And the added fuel milage wont hurt either. Plus it is more peppy too.

is that at stock height? im thinking about doing similar thing to mine, by going from 35 to 33s and takin 2.5 lift out so it will handle better and be more suitable for drag racin and towing my dads 28 foot enclosed trailer.
The front is stock height with 305/50/20 nitto 420s 32" tire on 20x10s but the rear is no block.

#4 ·
is that at stock height? im thinking about doing similar thing to mine, by going from 35 to 33s and takin 2.5 lift out so it will handle better and be more suitable for drag racin and towing my dads 28 foot enclosed trailer.

#6 ·
Yea I have extra leave in for my 2.5 lift so when I go back to stock I will just tale my blocks out cuz I like the extra payload that holds heavier tongue weight from the trailer.

#9 ·
You lost the stacks and the lift. Looks a TON better. Get rid of the running boards and it will be perfect. Where did you get rear U-bolts that were the right length for running no rear block?

#12 ·
I still have the stacks I just didn't think it would look right lowered and went back to my old exhaust I had before my lift. Stacks are on my bench in the garage. The running boards will be coming off just was wore out from the whole swap didn't want to mess with anything else over the weekend and the wife told me I couldn't do anything else to it either since I was gone all day saturday. As far as the u-bolts the guy I swapped with had them so I'm not sure.

Looks great. Starting to see more people removing the blocks in order to level 4wd's, instead of raising the front. With the smaller tires, it has got to be a better ride and better MPG. I am lowering my 08 2wd supercab in the morning. Can't wait. Looks great Eric.
Yeah ride is a night and day difference and MPG already have shown an increase. I'll get a real idea of what it will be next tank. But going by FLI% on the dashdaq I'm up to 18.92 hwy and thats with driving almost 80 miles to go get swapped with the 38s then same milage back with the 32s.

But it definitely felt like I was in a lowrider on my way back home

#10 ·
Looks great. Starting to see more people removing the blocks in order to level 4wd's, instead of raising the front. With the smaller tires, it has got to be a better ride and better MPG. I am lowering my 08 2wd supercab in the morning. Can't wait. Looks great Eric.

#14 ·
I like the stance of the truck, but it makes the wheel wells look so big. I know everyone takes the running boards off because it looks better, but how do you avoid tearing up the corner of the seat getting in and out? Is it really low enough to just jump in? I'm 6' tall and I would have a hard time getting in my truck.

I wish I could find a wide 33-34" tire. I would be all over the idea. I have wanted to go lower, but I like wide tires. At least a 13-14" wide. So far the smallest tire I found that comes close would be a 325/65/20 on a 20x10 bmf. Something in an all terrain too.

#15 ·
Well from me being lifted won't be an issue getting in and out I'll just get in the same way. And as far as wide tires go. Mine are 12.5 on 20x10 and they stick out enough past the fender for my liking

#16 ·
Getting in and out of the truck is one of the main reasons I handed the 6.0ltr down to my son and went back to a 2wd. That and looking at some of the lowered Superdutys on this site. I do miss being able to launch though. Maybe street slicks and Caltracs will make it better.

#18 ·
I think some slicks and some sort of either traction bars or caltracs will help you out a lot.

damn now i cant wait to drop mine down!!! how do u like those nittos?
I love them so far they hook very well I played around a little tonight with them and had to try to get them to break loose. Very pleased in the 3days I've driven on them

#19 ·
My caltracs showed up today but they wont be going on the truck. I've had a couple phone and email conversations with dave owner of OUO and he's sending me the bolt on brackets I need to run my traction bars so I'll be sticking with them. So I won't be able to give much advice on how they work only that they come in a white box. But I can't wait to get my bars so I can feel safe about doing boosted launches again and see what an improvement lowering the truck feels like. I already know from a roll shes definitely quicker.

#20 ·
I really like the new look but I like the old too. Either look good in my book. If I knew my mpg would be 18 id do it too. I just get 11-12 no matter what.

#21 ·
That sucks. I didn't even get that when I had the 38s. I avg just about 13mpg every tank with the 275 tune loaded. but with the 310 loaded on my last road trip i avg 15.3 hwy

#24 ·
65 its about 1800-1900 eyeballing it haven't made one of the parameters set to rpm. 70 is right at 2k for me give or take 100rpms

#30 ·
I was running factory 250 rear blocks. Went down to a 1in rear block, cracked it. Replaced it with my factory 2in block again. Then today I got new U-bolts made and completely removed the rear block. I love the look so far. THe rear sags just a hair but I think it looks mean with that stance.

#31 ·
5.4 springs are ordered and my bolt on brackets from OUO will be here Tuesday so hopefully next weekend she'll be all finished

#32 ·
Subscribed!

One of my inspirational threads for getting my truck lowered...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.