Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

PSN VS POWERSTROKE ARMY

17K views 48 replies 32 participants last post by  SevenThree 
#1 ·
PSN VS POWERSTROKE ARMY heard that allot of ppl left this site to go to the army after it sold any thoughts?

#2 ·
Alot of people are just members of both sites now its no big deal. I have join the amry yet because for the time being i dont have a problem with this site. I have noticed that alot of the people that left were very smart when it came to diesels. But there is still alot of good info here and the people that stayed learnd from the people that left and are now helping the new guys.

#4 ·
From what I have seen is that most of the members that moved over were the ones posting in Smack Talk. Since they left there is very little posting in that forum.

It is a lot like when the Nation was started, a lot of members left TDS for here but the members that were willing to help others stayed there along with coming over to this forum.

#5 · (Edited)
I am on both sites as a moderator. They both have their place in my mind. I spend a little more time on powerstrokearmy.com then here but I pay attention to both. I also stop by some of the other sites from time to time. My prediction is that this site will become more like TDS and .org and army will become more like this site was 6 months ago. There have been a few changes I did not like here since the site sold but it was not as much as I expected. There is good and bad about all of these sites. Nothing to get excited about.

Rob, is right one of the main differences now is that PowerstrokeNation.com is owned by a Canadian Corporation AutoGuide who owns a few other diesel sites and www,PowerstrokeArmy.com is owned by an diesel enthusiast. This site has a large membership base and a lot of stored content developed over the last few years. PowerstrokeArmy.com has a smaller but quite knowledgeably member base but not nearly the content, at this point in time. Kind of like the difference between the chip, intake exhaust member and the one that is injectors, turbo, fuel system crowd.

I say just enjoy where you fit in. There is no reason not to belong as a registered member of many sites. You never know who is going to have that right piece of information you are searching.

In Edit.

These kind of threads were common when this site started but it related to TDS which was the king at the time. Eventually they died down. I think it is just part of the change till people all find thier level and comfort zone.

#8 ·
Both are the same.

If you want different info go to CompD or Pirate4x4's tow rig section.

The knowledge base is WAY higher on both sites because they are geared more towards the DIY crowd vs. the drop the truck off at the shop with a blank check crowd.

I haven't seen anything wrong with Autoguide though. I don't see what all the fuss is about.

#24 ·
Both are the same.

If you want different info go to CompD or Pirate4x4's tow rig section.

The knowledge base is WAY higher on both sites because they are geared more towards the DIY crowd vs. the drop the truck off at the shop with a blank check crowd.

LOL :hehe: You're f'ing kidding me right - OFMG - Funniest thing I've heard in awhile...... :doh:

#11 ·
LOL LMAO - The high technical racing/pulling core folks that left TDS and started/built PowerStrokeNation.com are the same basic folks that have left PSN to start PowerStrokeArmy.com. I do see many of them browsing over here but their tech input is limited. I think Tom said it best above, PSN has very large technical database and info is available through the search function. Seems PSN is moving the direction of the Intake, tunes, exhaust crowd whilst the in depth technical discussions on racing modifications pertaining to engines, injectors, cams, turbos, fuel systems, tunes, transmissions, suspensions, etc. will be found with the technical crowd over at PowerStrokeArmy.com.

I was a founding member here at PSN, and I am a founding member at PSA and Mod on both. I am also a member on a dozen other sites too. Loyalty to one site seems kind of odd to me since there are hundreds of sites on the internet. Go where you feel comfortable and get the answers to your questions.

#12 ·
I noticed elite is no longer a supporter over here anymore.

#16 ·
This ^

I am a member over there because it seemed it was going to take off better at first but then it hit a wall at 1200 members and there is alot more info here to be taken and given from the sheer time its been around. It does suck it sold out but it seems to be just fine if you ask me. What big site hasn't sold out?

The only one i know of is only ~ 37,000 members strong and been around since 2002 and its my volvo site lol. Never sold out and no ads

#27 ·
What I see is people posting the exact same thing on both sites.
And whatever is missing on PSA, that was a hit here...is started over there...
And you still don't see the more knowledgeable guys making comments to guys asking what is the best air filter, tuner, or exhaust over on PSA either....so there still the same.

Another thing I have noticed is how "problems" with 6.0L engines, and "look at my new tires" type threads are in the "Performance" sections now...its a pita.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.