Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

center of gravity

15K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  jdc753 
#1 ·
Would anyone know where the center of gravity is on this truck? I have a 2 post lift. The center of balance needs to be at the post. Some say the balance point is at the front door edge, some say the front of the seat. Is there a Ford tech line? What is the opinion of this board on this issue? Thanks for your inputs. Tom

#2 ·
put the truck on the lift and go up a few inches, you'll know pretty quickly.

Mine is a crew cab long bed and 4x4 but generally I pull in till the mirrors are JUST passed the post, probably middle of the front door, leaves just enough room to squeeze out the door. Leave the truck in neutral so if you have to move it you can just roll it the couple inches you'll need to level it out.

#4 ·
I really wouldn't want to be under a truck like these on a 2 post lift...

#6 ·
really, I wont even change my oil or rotate tires without putting it up on a lift

#5 ·
....some confusion here..

center of gravity would be the center of the vehicle, bisecting it from ride side and left side, and also where the center of weight, from the bottom of the tire to the top of the cab...

I think what you are looking for is...balance point...

#8 ·
simply experiment, pick it up off the ground a few inches and shake it. diff lifts have diff length/shape arms and itll be diff for almost every lift. next on the guy that said atleast a 10k lift i was taught to never exceed 70% of rated cap. so i always use the 12k lift when i pick mine up. its worse on cheap lifts too. i prefer ones like rotary

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.