Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Wrecked my 03 ECSB with horse trailer in mountains

1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  houtxfdcapt 
#1 ·
Helluva 4th of July. Was pulling back home to TN in the Ozark mountains of MO and topped a hill doing maybe 55 and the horse trailer rear end broke loose from the pavement and decide to try and pass us. Hit us in the left side of the truck, i turned into it and it slungshot us in a 180 and drug us backwards 100 yards down/off the road and into a pine stand where the trailer flipped over, threw one of the horses out, and nearly ripped the gooseneck trailer tounge completely off the rest of the trailer. Everybody and all the animals were ok by some strange act of nature. My 8 month pregnant wife was in the passenger side and suffered no complications. After all this we find out USAA insurance does not cover horse trailers while being towed by our Full Coverage Auto Insurance. I guess good bye $10000 worth of horse trailer....

#2 ·
Man im glad yall and the animals were okay.. Sorry to hear about the rest of the wreck.. I would try and get my policy out and read all the way through it and go more into detail on the insurance deal and see if maybe there isnt a gap in it you can get through

#6 ·
Glad to hear everyone’s alright. I hate that feeling when things hit the fan and there is nothing you can do about it, makes you kind of sick. Defiantly go over your policy then try talking to a higher level rep. I too have usaa and my enclosed gooseneck while attached to the truck falls under the trucks policy unless you opt for a separate policy for the trailer which will cover it and contents hooked to the truck and in storage. In fact usaa is the only insurance co. that I could find provides any coverage for trailers in use and in storage. I take it the truck was totaled...? Good luck man.

#7 ·
please keep us posted on this, and im suprised the wife didnt have that baby in the front seat. I need to get a quote from usaa so i would be interested in how this progresses.... thanks and glad everyones ok

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.