Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Carnage

11K views 108 replies 25 participants last post by  Binderpower 
#1 ·
Ok guys we had a service truck come in runing rough. Ran relative compression cyl 6 was 30- so we ran manual compression cyl 6 was 0 psi performed tear down found this
right head
bottom end out of truck
long block without fuel pump and turbo etc

See less See more
#3 ·
Ford field service engineer told me that ford has only seen this problem on chassis models. They have a different turbo configuration. This truck had 36k on the odometer

#5 ·
The only theory I have is the egts is getting to high and stressing exhaust valves. Causing them to crack out from being heated and cooled so much. It's only happening on the cab and chasis trucks. Another problem is ford had a bunch of engines that got built with metal shavings in the oil journals in the camshaft causing catistrofic failure.

#6 ·
Ugh I fear the day when mine does this. I just have that feeling.

#10 ·
Why blame the EPA?? Ford knows the EPA standards and has to design an engine to fit within the specs. The Duramax is having no issues with valves because of dpf's etc. Its Ford's fault for not designing an engine capable of producing reliable power. The 6.7 is limited with its turbo, with a turbo that is limited, egt's are very high which do over time stress engine components which WILL fail in time. Egt's are highest when outside air temps are high, and truck is at higher altitude. With all the talk about how much testing was done by Ford on this engine, one would think there would be no issues.

#11 ·
With all the talk about how much testing was done by Ford on this engine, one would think there would be no issues.
Yep..... makes one wonder.... maybe the testing they did was a little hurried and incomplete?? Seems that the altitude deficiency of the P/U engines and the horrendous throttle lag on the C&C engines would have been reported during testing... ???? Im not saying, Im just saying...

#12 ·
While i do agree, ford touted about testing, then we see these issues showing up about a year after the engine hits the market.. one has to ask w.t.h? One could also ask the question of gm and dodge about there engines, and the failures related to certain year models.. Watch a gm or dodge commerical, or read an ad in the mags, and they throw around the word legendary as though neither of their engines have had a issue.. Some major.. This being said, why is this issue not showing with the higher hp f350 and 250 engines? There are plenty of them in service as hot shotters, and etc. Why are these issues not showing with those?

#17 ·
THis is true.. but I'm not convinced that one can put hot-shotters in the heavily loaded category... By nature, hot-shot trucks spend thousands of miles on the open highway running a fairly constant speed... It doesnt take lots of power to run on the open highway..
A rigged out C&C truck spends every day at full GCWR... hence, the lower rated hp..
The P/U engines may be rated for 400 hp, but you cannot hold them at 400 hp output for very long before them puke...
While I have seen many of these new Ford C&C failures, I have yet to hear a definite cause or solution from any of the repairing dealers.... it doesnt appear to be a valve design/quality issue, or some of the P/U engines should have failed by now...
In my un-educated opinion, I believe its either a programming issue specific to the 300 hp tune, or it is an imbalanced airflow issue causing certain exhaust port temps to spike in certain conditions....

#13 ·
I would like to hear what serious issues GM has had with the Duramax?? Injectors on the first generation engine was the only widespread issue to date and GM warrantied them for 200k miles. I would love to see Ford warranty anything past the Factory warranty (which their warranty is a joke to say the least). There have been no other widespread engine/tranny issues with the Duramax/Allison. I think the 250/350's will see their problems with valves about the time the powertrain warranty has expired and leave owners with the repair bill just like the 6.0. To say there have been no issues on 6.7's in 250/350's is far from the truth. Banging waste gates, injectors blowing out of the head, oil contamination from ancient regen technology, and jerking tranny shifting are a few widespread problems already occuring and the 6.7 has only been out a little over a year, just wait until they get some miles on them. The worst thing Ford did was have a reflash so they have higher power numbers than GM. Tested an engine for as long as they say they did and then change the power output= not smart. The point of a diesel engine is to have a reliable engine that should never see the shop, Ford cant seem to figure this out since their 7.3 almost 10 years ago.

#14 ·
...go back under the bridge...please attach some credible information to back up your claims of widespread problems...do you know the story behind any of the problems of which you are writing?

Here, let me help you:

1. What banging waste gates? There have been virtually no problems reported with the 6.7 turbo used in the pickups. There was a relative handful of early engines, a few in April, that had incorrectly assembled turbo's. That has been the extent of any sort of turbo issues. Please do not tell me about the friend of your uncles sister had a turbo failure. Even if he did, it was isolated.

2. Same thing with injectors blowing out of the heads. No reported recurring incidents. Did you know the retaining mechanism for the Ford's injectors is similar in design to the GM...no...I didn't think so

3. Please cite your source for this widespread oil contamination. Oh...you can not...because Blackstone Labs has been testing thousands of 6.7 Ford oil samples with no sign of excessive fuel in the engine oil. Do you know the accepted engineering standard for oil dilution? I do, and the reports are coming back at less than 25% of that standard.

4. Transmission issues...again a tempest in a teapot...spit in the ocean...you do realize that Ford has built over 300,000 2011 6.7 diesel trucks. The problem affected only a few trucks after the 400/800 upgrade. Subsequent transmission programming since released has all but eliminated the shift anomalies. Do you have any idea what the programming was for?
Please show me the trail of broken parts and streaks of transmission fluid spread all over the highway? Oh...none of these can be found either...

My advice is to come back when you know something about what you are talking about...

#16 ·
Talking about bridges, you must live all your life under one if you really think the 6.7 doesn't have issues. Oil contamination is a HUGE problem in Ford 6.4, 6.7, Dodge 6.7, and Duramax LMM (2007-2010).

For the 300,000 6.7's produced, how many of those owners do you really think post to forums?? Not many at all. Start asking owners off the street of the 6.7 their impressions of the engine so far. 9 out of 10 will tell you they have had theirs in the shop for something already.

Its pathetic to hear people actually say they are impressed by Ford service, the truck shouldn't be in the shop in the first place. I think Ford owners are so used to having their diesel in the shop it has become second nature and something they expect.

It should be pretty apparent and a dead give away when you search Ford 6.7 on google and before the search has completed the first search completions that come up are 6.7 problems. I really will never understand why Ford diesel owners pretty much expect to have their trucks in the shop. They are more worried about how many times it has been in the shop. News flash*** Duramax Diesel is the least serviced engine in the country for current diesel engine designs.

Its also kinda strange how Ford tried to copy the Allison but still can't manage to get efficient power to the ground.

I'm honestly not here to bash or Troll but Ford really has to realize they have a problem with their diesel powertrain and customers have to realize its not normal to have a brand new truck in the shop.

#19 ·
Talking about bridges, you must live all your life under one if you really think the 6.7 doesn't have issues. Oil contamination is a HUGE problem in Ford 6.4, 6.7, Dodge 6.7, and Duramax LMM (2007-2010).You are just plain wrong regarding the 6.7 Ford making oil. I frequent a lot of forums and talk with every 6.7 owner I come across. The number of owners I have seen complaining about "making oil" is zero. The aveage fuel content in a Blackstone Labs oil analysis is less than 2%. Considering that 7% is the industry standard for "oil making" maximum, well you get the picture..

For the 300,000 6.7's produced, how many of those owners do you really think post to forums?? Not many at all. Start asking owners off the street of the 6.7 their impressions of the engine so far. 9 out of 10 will tell you they have had theirs in the shop for something already. Do you know what the engine warranty rate is for the 2011 6.7 diesel. I do. For your enjoyment, the warranty repair rate for the 6.7 is less than 1 repair in a thousand engines...so much for your 9 out of 10. Sorry, the return of the truck for the 400/800 upgrade does not count as a service visit...that may be where you get the 90% number...and I guarantee I have talked to a bunch more 6.7 Ford owners than you have.

Its pathetic to hear people actually say they are impressed by Ford service, the truck shouldn't be in the shop in the first place. I think Ford owners are so used to having their diesel in the shop it has become second nature and something they expect. stop thinking...it weakens the team

It should be pretty apparent and a dead give away when you search Ford 6.7 on google and before the search has completed the first search completions that come up are 6.7 problems. I really will never understand why Ford diesel owners pretty much expect to have their trucks in the shop. They are more worried about how many times it has been in the shop. News flash*** Duramax Diesel is the least serviced engine in the country for current diesel engine designs. I never attacked your Duramax...good engine/trans combo...but they still only sell half the number of diesels that Ford does

Its also kinda strange how Ford tried to copy the Allison but still can't manage to get efficient power to the ground.The Allison has been a good transmission...The new 6 speed Ford is doing well. Yes, there were a few trucks with tolerance stacks that were at maximum disparity. These transmissions have not failed but needed some programming tweaks to allow for infinitely small variances in internal pressures. As I mentioned earlier, no broken parts being strewn across the country. The last tweaks have eliminate the issue. No repairs...no down time...just a 30 minute visit to the dealer for some fine tuning. If that bunches your shorts ...well...

I'm honestly not here to bash or Troll but Ford really has to realize they have a problem with their diesel powertrain and customers have to realize its not normal to have a brand new truck in the shop.save the lectures...you are trolling and bashing...Ford will sell more than twice as many 2011 diesel trucks than GM. This would not be happening if the trucks were even 10% as bad as you infer...but you are entitled to your opinion...even when you are wrong
I love these OB guys who come on these sites and talk nonsense. Of course you will get hits if you google anything with the exposure that the new 2011 truck has gotten. Every guy who has had a question to ask on a forum shows up. I just returned from a large RV homecoming rally. There were a bunch of 6.7 Fords there. No one was complaining about their trucks. In fact, the only one who had been back for a warranty repair was me. I have had my truck for over a year now. I talk with any 6.7 owner that wants to discuss the truck. I have yet to find one who does not want to talk. To a man, they are all very pleased with their truck. Not one has made the complaints that this visitor from the GM boards has brought here.

Regards

#22 ·
Navistar- You talk about these Duramax failures but never say exactly what they were. I have yet to hear of a common failure on a Duramax Engine or Allison Transmission that wasn't from operator error. Please enlighten me on a common Duramax Engine failure or Allision failure.

#35 ·
Ok . Back in 05' i made a decision to buy a dodge over a ford or gm, because of the issues they were having.. Ford was having sensor's,egr's and injector's screwing up.. Gm was having issues overheating, having issues with injectors, and somewhere in the years, head gaskets' failing.. Seems the gaskets were 05', i will have to ask my friend what year his is, because it failed.. I also remember along the way issue with the allison cookin it's fluid.. About 2 years ago i met a rep from TXU at a local equipment auction, which is a large producer of electricity in Texas.. For years this outfit has sold off wore,wrecked or broken trucks in this auction.. They choose to run ford and gm diesel trucks, and have been doing so since 90'. In all my years of attending these auctions, i have witnessed way more duramax/allison trucks[pre 06'] on the dead line then i have 6.0,6.5 or 7.3 powered trucks .. Be it bad injectors,bad engine or just a fried tranny, this is what i have seen.. As to the rep i spoke of earlier, part of his job title is to over see the sales at this auction.. I asked why such a large mount of dead chevy trucks, have you scrapped your pm program? He claimed in the last 10 years he has over seen this chore, the duramax trucks have cost them more in repairs and tow bills then any of the other trucks.. It is what it is!

#23 ·
I have a 2011 powerstroke, no failures yet and I have 20,000+ miles on it. The worst that I've had is a noisy window track, but I live in a very dusty area and after cleaning the track the window is fine. I just drove it 7000 miles without a problem, went through the Tetons, over the Sierra Nevadas and through 110 degree weather in California. It even managed better that 20 mpg on some tanks, and we were driving at 75-85mph! Yeah the turbo isn't as strong as I would like it to be, but give it to Ford that they went out on a limb, to build and design their own diesel engine from the ground up! It's taken cummins and Isuzu years to begin perfecting their engines. When Isuzu designs the next Duramax, I am sure that you will see some difficulties that will subside with time. Ford has too much to lose to allow this engine to develope catastrophic problems. This is going to be a great engine, I am sure of it... I have 20,000 miles to back this up.

#25 ·
One of our pilot's just bought an Equinox, I know that it isn't a truck but the transmission just took a dump, the headliner is falling off, the AC quit working... He can't get the dealer to pay attention to him, and this is a brand new vehicle. There isn't a car, truck or manufacturer out there that is able to completely keep their vehicles out of service. That is why warranties are written in the law. These trucks have been pretty good for a brand new powertrain! They are only going to get better! Just wait until 1 or 2 years from now, nothing will touch them. They are good now, they are going to be unstoppable in the future.

#26 ·
Why bring up one bad new vehicle that has problems. Equinox is the top selling small suv in its class, it has one of the best customer satisfaction ratings in its class. You might want to know facts before you throw out something. Ford slipped to 23rd in customer satisfaction this quarter, that takes into a count how many new vehicles sold compared to how many of those new vehicles had a problem.

Next, how can you be so confident in the new 6.7 powertrain? They are already having widespread problems and have only been out a year. The 2011 Duramax beats the 6.7 with updated flash in every situation, pulling and by itself. The Duramax/Allison has over 10 years of proven reliablitly that can be backed up and has a history. The 6.7 has a year and still can't out perform the Duramax. Sorry but Ford was totally crushed this year compared to the 2011 Duramax, both in power to the ground, exhaust braking ability, frame, suspension, control, braking, and overall problems. This has been proven by many non-biased magazines, reviews, and tests. Those are the facts, maybe Ford will have better luck next year.

#28 ·
DEARBORN, April 19, 2010 – Ford Motor Company now has the highest customer satisfaction with vehicle quality among all major automakers, a new consumer research study shows.

Eighty-four percent of customers who purchased 2010 model-year Ford, Lincoln and Mercury cars and trucks are satisfied with the quality of their vehicle, a 4 percentage point improvement since the fourth quarter of 2009, according to the first quarter Global Quality Research System (GQRS) study conducted for Ford by RDA Group of Bloomfield Hills, Mich.

With the improvement, Ford’s customer satisfaction scores are now significantly higher than all other full-line automotive manufacturers, including Asian and European automakers, according to the study.

The study also showed Ford has the fewest number of vehicle defects or “things gone wrong” among all full-line manufacturers in the first three months of ownership. Owners of 2010 model Ford, Lincoln and Mercury owners reported 1,107 TGWs per 1,000 vehicles -- an 8 percent improvement compared to last year.

“To become the No. 1 automaker in terms of customer satisfaction with vehicle quality is amazing accomplishment and testament to the whole company’s commitment to quality,” said Bennie Fowler, Ford group vice president, Global Quality. “All the third parties studies are showing the same thing – Ford now has world-class quality.”

As Ford’s quality has improved, it has reduced warranty repair rates on vehicles in their first three months of service by an average of more than 40 percent in every major business region around the world in the past three years.

“Ford has proven its commitment to quality by demonstrating steady improvements through consistency and discipline.” said Donald Pietrowski, president, RDA Group. “Those improvements are clearly reflected in rising customer satisfaction with its products.”

Ford captured eight segment leaders in customer satisfaction, TGW or both. Notably, Fusion Hybrid owners now report 93 percent satisfaction with the quality of their vehicle while 92 percent of Taurus owners are satisfied.

The following models led their respective segments in the survey:

Taurus – Satisfaction leader D/E car.
Fusion Hybrid –Satisfaction leader C/D car
Milan Hybrid – TGW leader C/D car
Focus -- Satisfaction leader C car
Mountaineer – TGW leader Medium Traditional Utility
Expedition – TGW and Satisfaction leader Large Utility
Navigator – TGW and Satisfaction Leader Large Premium Utility
Ranger – TGW and Satisfaction Leader Compact Pickup
These dramatic gains in quality have also contributed to a 23 percent year-over-year improvement in the resale values of Ford vehicles with one to five years on the road – outpacing the industry average by 4 percentage points.

“While we are proud of the progress we’ve made, we know how important it is to keep the momentum going,” said Fowler. “We can never be satisfied.”

The GQRS study is conducted on a quarterly basis with scores assessed from survey responses collected from owners of vehicles purchased within specific time frames.

New vehicle owners are asked to report any defects or issues as well as rate their satisfaction with vehicle quality on a scale of 1 to 10 across an array of vehicle systems and features.

#30 ·
Haha, not true about pulling loaded and empty claims.... The ford out pulled the Duramax when loaded in both the pickuptrucks.com (with trac control off on all trucks at GM's proving ground) and the 4x4 off road magazine tests. In 4x4 magazine it was mentioned that while the GM truck beat the Ford unloaded it lost when loaded in their 1/4 mile test. They also said the Ford's off road prowess was much better than the GM truck, so I don't know where your suspension comments are coming from. Beyond that the Ford was quieter inside, and all of the publications said the fit and finish on the Ford was better. You seem to be locked in this "GM or die" attitude, are you forgetting that this is a Ford forum, it isn't a GM or Dodge or Toyota Forum...I don't understand where you are coming from. Did you buy a Super Duty? Are you upset that you can't buy one? Are you upset that GM went bankrupt? Do you work for GM? Have you seen that Ford is outselling GM trucks nearly 2 to 1 and you are on a personal crusade to change that fact. Just let us know where the hostilities are coming from so that we may all attempt to be more "PC" when discussing our Ford trucks on a Ford Forum. If GM built and designed trucks so well why did they acquire Isuzu and then have them design their diesel? Why are they using the Allison name? Ford is using a Ford designed and built Diesel and tranny. Don't be so hateful buddy... The consumers have spoken and Ford is dominating.

#31 ·
AUTOPACIFIC ANNOUNCES 2011 VEHICLE SATISFACTION AWARDS

Home / AUTOPACIFIC ANNOUNCES 2011 VEHICLE SATISFACTION AWARDS

By George Peterson

May 19, 2011

AUTOPACIFIC announces 2011 VEHICLE SATISFACTION AWARDS
National Survey Reveals Lincoln as Top Premium Brand, Chrysler as Top Popular Brand, Ford Motor Company Has Most Awards with Seven, Mercedes-Benz S-Class as Top Car and Cadillac Escalade as Top Truck.

TUSTIN, Calif. (May 19, 2011) –AutoPacific today announced its 15th annual Vehicle Satisfaction Awards (VSA) to help consumers make informed vehicle purchase decisions.

Carmakers are constantly improving their products and relationships with their customers. They communicate their success by citing the satisfaction of their owners. “Proof of satisfied customers is as good as gold,” says George Peterson, president of AutoPacific. “We’ve found that more than one-third of new car buyers are positively influenced by objective awards based on owner ratings when deciding on a new car or truck.

AutoPacific's Vehicle Satisfaction Award is an industry benchmark for measuring how satisfied an owner is with his/her new vehicle. This study by the Southern California-based automotive research firm summarizes the results of over 68,000 new vehicle owners.

“Vehicles that score highest in the Vehicle Satisfaction Awards are delivering value and satisfaction across a wide range of attributes,” says Peterson. “The winners perform well in 48 separate categories that objectively measure the ownership experience.”

The vehicle - car or truck - registering highest overall satisfaction in 2011 is the Cadillac Escalade Luxury SUV. The car with the highest overall satisfaction score is the Mercedes-Benz S-Class.

At the manufacturer level, multiple top-ranked award winners are: Ford with seven wins; Toyota with four wins; and General Motors and Hyundai with three wins.

“While the economy is strengthening, new vehicle buyers continue to be especially careful in selecting the perfect vehicle for their needs. AutoPacific’s Vehicle Satisfaction Award will help this year’s customers sort through the 262 car and truck nameplates presently available in the United States. A wise purchase decision is like money in the bank,” says Peterson.

Top 2011 model year performers are:

HIGHEST SATISFACTION PREMIUM BRAND: Lincoln

HIGHEST SATISFACTION POPULAR BRAND: Chrysler

PASSENGER CARS:

Premium Luxury Car

Aspirational Luxury Car

Luxury Mid-Size Car

Large Car

Premium Mid-Size Car

Mid-Size Car
Premium Compact Car

Compact Car

Economy Car

Sports Car

Sporty Car

Hybrid Car

Mercedes-Benz S-Class

Hyundai Genesis

Lincoln MKZ

Ford Taurus and Toyota Avalon (tie)

Hyundai Sonata

Suzuki Kizashi

Volvo C30/S40/V50

Hyundai Elantra

Honda Fit

Porsche 911

Scion tC

Lincoln MKZ Hybrid

LIGHT TRUCKS:

Heavy Duty Pickup

Large Light Duty Pickup

Compact Pickup

Luxury Sport Utility Vehicle

Large Sport Utility Vehicle

Premium Mid-Size Sport Utility Vehicle

Premium Luxury Crossover SUV

Luxury Crossover SUV

Large Crossover SUV

Premium Mid-Size Crossover SUV

Mid-Size Crossover SUV

Compact Crossover SUV

Minivan

Hybrid Truck

Ford F-Series Super Duty

Chevrolet Avalanche

Honda Ridgeline

Cadillac Escalade

GMC Yukon

Jeep Grand Cherokee

Lincoln MKT

Lexus RX

Ford Flex

Ford Explorer

Mitsubishi Outlander

Kia Sportage

Chrysler Town & Country

Lexus RX450h Hybrid

AutoPacific is a future-oriented automotive marketing and product-consulting firm. Every year AutoPacific publishes a wide variety of syndicated studies on the automotive industry. The firm also conducts extensive proprietary research and consulting for auto manufacturers, distributors, marketers and suppliers worldwide. Company headquarters are in Tustin, California, with an affiliate office in the Detroit area.

Additional information can be found on AutoPacific's websites: AutoPacific - AutoPacific: Research & Forecasting for the Auto Industry and VehicleVoice - .

CONTACTS:

Dan Hall dan.hall@autopacific.com 714.838.4234 or 800.576.AUTO

Deborah Grieb deborah.grieb@autopacific.com 734.446.6940

More News

#32 ·
Put a load on a f250 or f350 and see how much it sags. Ford had to soften their suspension so they ride better. Now they are too soft when loaded and need aftermarket air bags. GM went bankrupt because they didn't take out loans against their own name. Ford borrowed money from banks that shouldn't have borrowed money and then those banks needed a bailout. GM borrowed money and is paying it back. Probably the best investment the gvt has ever done to be honest. Don't think for a second Ford has never taken loans from the gvt. They acquired Isuzu because it was the best company for the contract they wanted. Duramax is owned and run by GM now so it is a GM engine NOW. Allison is by far the best transmission to date, so who wouldn't want it in their truck. Ford had a contract with Navistar and that blew up in their face and they had no where else to turn but to build their own engine and tranny in Mexico.

I would also love to see the numbers on the trucks being sold 2 to 1 when comparing GM and Ford. When Ford trucks and GM (Chevy and GMC Combined) trucks are compared, they are very close. The only reason Ford beats out GM trucks and its by very thin margins is because Ford sells more fleet because their trucks are cheaper and when buying in bulk that is all that matters in fleet.

You really need to get your facts straight. And you also need to face it that the Duramax/Allison combo is hands down better and more proven then the new 6.7 combo. If the 6.7 is having very few issues and are still being produced in 10 years then you might have a point, but until then....

#38 ·
Allmost overlooked this one.. First, yes i have noticed the short box f250 squatting a bit more then i would like to see under a load, cant say i have seen a long box or a f350 doing this though.. I know my f350 doesnt, and trailers in the 25,ooolb class are a weekly [ this time of the year almost daily] event for my truck.. A engine built in mexico? Well one of gm's most popular gas engines was built in mexico, and it was a good engine.. Many dodge trucks are built in mexico.. A poll i read a couple years back said a 3500 dodge built in mexico, has less reported issue then the same model produced in the U.S. Many cummins engines are hencho in mexico, dont really need to comment there do we? I must admit, just as i did back in 05', i looked at all three brands, gm came closer to getting my money this time then it ever has.. Then reality stepped in, and the questions come to mind.. Why did their buisness practices totally screw a friend of mine who worked for them.? Why did it take them so long to get their sh** together when i was a loyal 6.2/6.5 diesel buyer for years, and ford really had the overall better truck back then too! Why do they insist on keeping a very limited number of hd trucks on the lots for the buyer to choose from, and why has this been happening for about 4 years now? Answer, they are trying to keep demand up, so they can keep the price up! Again, screw the customer!! Why do they offer so few exterior /interior options? Answer= so they can tell the customer what they can have.. And the last question i asked myself, what is the most common vehicle used around here on job sites, cattle ranches, oil fileds,logging woods, and rv camp sites? Answer = Ford, dodge ,then gm... That's saying enough for me.. When i start talking to a few pissed off 6.7 fords owners, then i will second quess my decision.. Thus far that hasnt happened..

#33 ·
LIGHT TRUCKS:

Heavy Duty Pickup

Large Light Duty Pickup

Compact Pickup

Luxury Sport Utility Vehicle

Large Sport Utility Vehicle

Premium Mid-Size Sport Utility Vehicle

Premium Luxury Crossover SUV

Luxury Crossover SUV

Large Crossover SUV

Premium Mid-Size Crossover SUV

Mid-Size Crossover SUV

Compact Crossover SUV

Minivan

Hybrid Truck

Ford F-Series Super Duty

Chevrolet Avalanche

Honda Ridgeline

Cadillac Escalade

GMC Yukon

Jeep Grand Cherokee

Lincoln MKT

Lexus RX

Ford Flex

Ford Explorer

Mitsubishi Outlander

Kia Sportage

Chrysler Town & Country

Lexus RX450h Hybrid

If you notice this part of the 2011 awards you will see Fords Super Duty is number 1! I'd day they're pretty set on staying there too.

#34 ·
This guy is funny, he talks about how the GM trucks pull better loaded then I site a couple of publications proving the contrary and then he talks about sag under load, haha... Did anyone notice that the results he keeps mentioning are from the GM published test on GM's website? I love how he also talks about the bailout stuff, he says GM never borrowed money against their own name. Nope, they got money for free! First it was 18 billion, then bankruptcy, then they got billions more to restructure.... They aren't paying anything back, the government is selling off GM shares in an effort to recoup a portion of their "investment". Then there are all the people that owned stock in GM before the bankruptcy, well, they lost everything (including retirement money) to the crooks at GM. You want fact, THE GOVERNMENT PAID FOR GM VEHICLE DEVELOPEMENT! Ford paid for Ford development, and they are cash positive after all that has occurred! Face it, no manufacturer is perfect but Ford is really doing well. I can't think of a powertrain this intricate from any manufacturer that has performed this well right out of the box. It's a great start to something that is going to be around for a very very long time. Other forums have people on them with 80,000+ miles on their trucks already without a single failure. Sounds like a good start to me. Someone please invite this guy to the banned list, we aren't getting anything of value from his posts, just constant nonsense. Trucks Piling Up on Auto Lots: Trouble for GM? - Stocks To Watch Today - Barrons.com Read this and tell me how well GM is selling trucks, then tell me also how well they are still managing their company.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.