Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Billet Heads are here!

18K views 59 replies 29 participants last post by  smokin joe 
#1 ·
The first set of billet heads are done for the most part just a few finishing touches and they will be going on a test truck! Here's some pics for everyone to look at!

See less See more
#3 ·
Those sure are purty :bow:

#4 ·
very very nice i want some for mine

#5 ·
For sure interested in these! Any idea on price yet?

#8 ·
320 w/o water jackets.

#11 ·
True:ford:
:whs:

#17 ·
Mike has a custom intake waiting. Don't know if Aaron does but I bet it is on its way.

#19 ·
Does mikes intake have two round or a single oval port per cyclinder?

You can use the stock manifold but why would you. Aaron will go cust manifold I'm sure but only so much an be changed if he stays with the max power turbos as they are designed around a stock manifold.
How would you get the stock intake to seal on the oval ports?

#23 ·
That is sick! How many machining hours are into each head? Are stock valves used or bigger ones?

#25 ·
Wouldn't raise it if you build it right. Come on Jeremy think about this a little before posting cause obviously your just trying to stir $hit up. I didn't say it would just bolt up in 10mins. Gonna take some time and require a little fab work. My local machine shop has already looked at doing a custom gasket plate for me. Prob machine a .080" groove in the manifold and the same size grove in the spacer plate or machine both grooves in the spacer plate.

#26 ·
These heads are awesome. But they will take a lot of custom work to get their full potential. It is not going to be a quick bolt on item. If anyone spent money on these heads and then went and used a stock intake, he should be beat with the stupid stick. Theses heads are not for the faint of heart.

#27 ·
I couldn't agree with you more. The heads are not needed for a daily driver in my opinion. I think if you went far enough to buy these heads then you should also do a custom manifold, wether that means remote mount turbos or lifting the turbos a bit thats between the builder and truck owner at the time.

#28 ·
If you didnt use a custom intake what would you gain with these heads. There is only so much air you can flow through those little holes so obviously something would need to be made to match the flow of these. I am sure it could be made to utilize factory turbo location, anything is possible.

#29 ·
Gogo diesels intake manifold would flow a bunch. Slight mod to remove the web between the outlets of the manifold and a custom gasket and you'd be set. Yes a custom manifold would be better but some of us are going to run stock mounting turbos like max powers or high powers. My GOGO manifold is opened up a bunch compared to stock so it would easily work but there could be more gains from something more custom. Till these heads make it into production were all only speculating.

#30 ·
I am pretty sure what ever Mike is going with it will not be in the stock location. My guess they will be hanging of the side perhaps. He is going balls out on this thing, no way is an intake clearance issue going to bother him. I am willing to bet they had all this drawn out on a bar napkin quite a while ago.

#33 ·
I figure they realised the intake sealing issue before they built them. Or I hope they did.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.