Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

2 Post Lift

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  2000SD 
#1 ·
I just had a 9000# 2 post installed.
I have been looking for info on where the center of gravity is on my 2000sd crew, 2 whl,6.5, and where to position the truck in relation to the post.
The diagrams I have aren't that precise and the people at bendpak weren't much help.
The front lift points are obvious, but the rears are not. In the rear the frame angles up and that would be about where the arm should be placed. If you place the arm on the other side it will stress too much of the weight to the front of the lift. If I place the arm in front the span of the arms would be about 5 ft. apart. My installed said that one guy bolted a 3/8 thick angle iron so he could lift at that point. So my question is, where do you guys lift from on this model of SD on a 2 Post. Thanks for your input. Tom

#2 ·
I put the rear arms on the flat of the frame just before it steps up, SD trucks are about the worst on a 2 post. just move the truck forward or backward to get it balanced. make sure you put supports front and rear, they do get a little wobbly

#4 ·
Thanks guys for your inputs!

Sooo... where is the center of gravity so I can evenly space the arms to distribute that 6800lb truck If I knew that, then I would extend each arm the SAME distance from the post. Thanks Tom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.