Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

My SWAMPS Motor Build

4K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  TARM 
#1 ·
Well,
I wanted to take the time to thanks the guys at SWAMPS for building me an awesome truck. Dave, Johnathan, Patrick, Reed, Dan, Matt, and most important Johnny the engine builder were all very welcoming. They sent someone to pick me up from the airport and I ended up spending the entire day with them, even did lunch. They showed me there entire shop and even learned how to do a few things. I can say that working in a customer service industry they are a top notch shop that will ensure that you as a customer are satisfied with the finished product. I would defiantly be using them for any future engine work and will be promoting their product.
The build consist of a crower rods, machined Mahle pistons coated, ported heads, Gearhead Stage 1 Cam, girdle,SPR1, 300cc 200%, GTX4294r, Tru trac, BTS tranny.

Below are some pictures.
Piston ring Auto part Automotive piston Automotive engine part Metal

Auto part Connecting rod Automotive piston Metal

Auto part

Auto part Engine Transmission part Tool accessory Metalworking

Engine Auto part Automotive engine part Toolroom

More to come

See less See more
#6 ·
* Are you running the 1.15 T4 housing as well like I am or did you go with a 1.01?

* Did you waste gate it?

* What boost are you seeing cruising flat @ say 65 mph?

* How does yours sound? (Mine is quiet.)

If you have the 1.15 all I can say is I can not see needing anything smaller. It starts to pull as low down as I could ask.

I love the linear power curve at partial throttle. It seems you can control boost to whatever you want it quite easily.

I really wish I had waste gated it even with the 1.15 ratio T4 housing size. I wonder how much more upper RPM power I would have gotten with the 200%. I plan on upgrading my pedestal and a waste gate is definitely going on at that time.

I am installing a BP gauge as soon as it gets here as that will tell me where I am at.

I still have to hook up the water. I did not have the fittings when I first installed it as they were metric for whatever reason.:doh: For the times I drove it I just gave it a good amount of lite throttle driving before parking and then let it idle for a few mins before shutting it down. Yes call me paranoid but these things are not exactly cheap to replace.:eek:

Glad you got yours finished. Nice having the built motor under it so you can work that thing over without a second thought.

Take a look at Post number #4 the second picture (last one of that post) you posted. See @ 11 O`clock on the compressor housing that bolt head? Mine was missing that bolt or it came out before install. Luckily I noticed it before the last test drive as that would be a bit of a boost leak. I looked everywhere and could not find the bolt if I ever had it. But I found that the fuel rail square head plug fine machine threading size fits perfect so that is what I used. LOL Who knows I might put a a port there and feed my boost gauge from it to put it to use.

Again hope you are enjoying it.

#14 ·
* Are you running the 1.15 T4 housing as well like I am or did you go with a 1.01? I am running the precision 1.12
* Did you waste gate it? No i didn't and really dont think it needs it neither.

* What boost are you seeing cruising flat @ say 65 mph? i see like 1 pounds. just easy into it and boost clime very quickly. remember ported heads too.* How does yours sound? (Mine is quiet.) quiet. youcan here the intake but nothing like the 38rIf you have the 1.15 all I can say is I can not see needing anything smaller. It starts to pull as low down as I could ask. i agree
I love the linear power curve at partial throttle. It seems you can control boost to whatever you want it quite easily.

I really wish I had waste gated it even with the 1.15 ratio T4 housing size. I wonder how much more upper RPM power I would have gotten with the 200%. I plan on upgrading my pedestal and a waste gate is definitely going on at that time. It will clean up the 200"s very well and see over 50 lbs of boostI am installing a BP gauge as soon as it gets here as that will tell me where I am at.

I still have to hook up the water. I did not have the fittings when I first installed it as they were metric for whatever reason.:doh: For the times I drove it I just gave it a good amount of lite throttle driving before parking and then let it idle for a few mins before shutting it down. Yes call me paranoid but these things are not exactly cheap to replace.:eek:

Glad you got yours finished. Nice having the built motor under it so you can work that thing over without a second thought.

Take a look at Post number #4 the second picture (last one of that post) you posted. See @ 11 O`clock on the compressor housing that bolt head? Mine was missing that bolt or it came out before install. Luckily I noticed it before the last test drive as that would be a bit of a boost leak. I looked everywhere and could not find the bolt if I ever had it. But I found that the fuel rail square head plug fine machine threading size fits perfect so that is what I used. LOL Who knows I might put a a port there and feed my boost gauge from it to put it to use.

Again hope you are enjoying it.
it is amazing what a ballanced motor feels like. real smooth you can almost put a cup of water on it and it hardly moves.

Hope to get a video up soon

#12 ·
Wow...what a build. :evil

When the time is right, here's a bump for a dyno run or a in cab vid on the gauges of you putting the coals to it. Whatever number it puts down...it'll be enough I'm sure! :eek:

#16 ·
That is a beautiful motor build!! I wish i would have went with Swamps for my motor build. Instead I went with South Houston Engine and talk about very poor quality. My motor lasted 8,500 mi. and threw a rod out the side of the block and cracked the block on the other side aswell. After i tore apart the whole thing i found that the rod that let go was cracked when they put it together and a bunch of other shady stuff. After 8,500 i guess it couldn't take it any more. The s***ty thing is i was driving down the freeway at 70mph then all of a sudden ca-boom with no warning i was dead in the water! Oh, and i was 14 days over my warranty!!! Thats why i should have went with the price quote Swamps gave me. That was one expensive lesson to learn, now i know who to stay away from!!!

#17 ·
Awesome FL Stroker!!!

Our opinions and observations match. Obviously you are gonna have the benefit of a build motor and ported head and cam. Those will be coming down the road. But I have to say that turbo lite very close to what a 38R does but with no sound. I will likely see more boost than you as you have less restriction than I do so are flowing more.

Can't wait to see what you pull on either a dyno or 1/4 mile. I bet your are floating around 650HP if you have enough fuel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.