Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Pics of my new rims and tires

8K views 31 replies 15 participants last post by  jp115 
#1 ·
Just put some new wheels on my truck. I've been looking all over for a good set of these rims that were used and I got a great deal on some that look practically brand new. The set up is a 2.5" leveling kit on 305/60-18 Mickey Thompson ATZ with 18x12 Pacer 185p. Of course all the old school guys keep telling me I need bigger tires :blah:

Anyways just wanted to share some pics and see what you guys think :psn:

See less See more
#7 ·
Thanks for the compliments. I might go with a 325/60 when its time to replace them, but they would only be wider not higher. And yeah the back is 1/2" lower than the front. I was gonna get F-350 blocks but the little bit of sag in the back kind of grew on me.

#9 ·
I might go with a 325/60 when its time to replace them, but they would only be wider not higher. .
I hate to burst your bubble but a 325 and a 305 with the same aspect ratio(60) are NOT THE SAME height. The 325 is an inch taller than the 305. Thats a pretty big difference in your case. 325 is the width not the height. Just as 305 is NOT the height.

#8 ·
Looks really good. Pacers are good looking wheels, I just hate having to keep up with polishing them. Where in VA are you? I'm in VA as well.

#12 ·
I will agree with you Ian. If your gonna spend the dough on a taller tire, it will probably be bit more than an inch taller.

And since Tyler is being technical, a 305x60 equates to 12.007" wide by 32.409" tall. A 325x60 is 12.795" wide by 33.354" tall.

#21 ·
I hate to burst your bubble too, but tire manu's dont use the .4. Divide by 25 to get the correct cross reference size. Nominal tire size isnt discretionary of decimal places. A 325/80/16, 325/60/20 are both 37x13's.

Also your heights are dependent on rim size. A 325/60 is two different tires if one is an 18" rim size vs the other being a 20.

I wasnt being technical. Just truthful.

To the op, if you like the look of a small, wide tire on a lifted truck more power to ya.

#14 ·
Love the look! Same I am going for. Where did you get the rims and tires from?

#16 ·
Thanks, I found them on craigslist but if you want them new Pungo Offroad in virginia beach is the only place that still carries the rims and the tires you should be able to get anywhere.

I'm in virgina beach as well.
Any pics of your truck? I'm sure I've seen you around

#20 ·
truck looks pretty sweet man, when I get home from deployment we should all get together and have a powerstroke party....

Chad

#23 ·
Yeah im in vb, well hampton, but hopefully ill be headed down to orlando to get my coilover lift....and new 40's...

Chad

#24 ·
We should all meet up sometime. When you installed your leveling kit, what brand is it? Did you do a track bar and new shocks or what all did you install with the 2.5 spacers? Ive been running my truck without a rear block and stock height in the front so it was level. Yesterday I put the factory block back in the rear and need to raise the front now. Wanted to change up the look of my truck a little and raise it a few inches instead of keeping it with the "lowered" look.

#25 ·
Yeah I'm down to meet up. They have truck night at aj gators in chesapeake on Mondays. I went once and the turn out was pretty good.

I didn't do a track bar or shocks because I'm cheap but I see no reason to. It pulled my drivers side tire about a half inch over but its hardly noticeable. If you want a level stance go with a 2" kit instead of 2.5. I can't remember the brand right now but I will look it up later.

#26 ·
I was looking online tonight for them seeing as our weather in VB tonight sucks, I found a 2in kit for like $65 shipped. I dont want to do shocks or track bar unless I NEEED too. Was the install pretty simple?

#27 ·
I remember the brand now it was top gun customs. I got mine for $70 shipped. The install was pretty simple, jack up the truck and put the frame on jack stands. Then support the front axle with a jack and unbolt the shocks, sway bar and bracket holding the brake lines. The instructions will say to unbolt the track bar but I didn't. Then lower the jack down as low as you can and pull the coil springs out. I used a spring compressor to get them back in with the spacers but you might not have to if you can drop the axle enough

#28 ·
Yeah top gun customs is the one Im looking at as well. They have 1.5, 2, 2.5in ones. I think Im gonna go with the 2in one. Maybe if the weather is nice this coming monday, im gonna head out to truck night.

#31 ·
yep I've been looking at it and definitely want 325/60-18's so it will be a true 33. Its a little less than an inch bigger tire but it will make a big difference. I'm never doing 35's though haha. I also will get a 4.5" lift eventually.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.