Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

3rd banjo bolt??

1K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  smokersteve 
#1 ·
I recently drilled my banjo's out on the front of the heads of my 6.0. I was wondering if since I did the ones on the front should I do the one by the fuel regulator also. I just learned that there was a banjo by the regulator also. So wondering if I should do that one also. Not looking to put a cross over on the back or any of that just yet. Want to know if I should do the one by the regulator??

#2 ·
Negative, ghost rider. Get the updated fpr ford blue spring kit now. Then a lift pump (airdog, fass, a1000) and a regulated return to keep them happy for a long life.

#3 ·
I do not have the blue spring but I did upgrade my spring and have 72 psi at idle and does not go below 60. So there is not a banjo by the regulator?

#6 ·
Is it possible to drill those out with the housing on the truck? Where is the banjo on the regulator? By the test port or?

#7 ·
You may not have a 3rd banjo since yours is an 03. Mine is on the first pic with the open hole with out the drill bit in it, the one with the threads on the inside.

the banjos can be taken off the housing and drilled out, but if you are going to drill out the housing it must be off the truck.

#8 ·
Did you sandblast that housing? Looks good. Did you notice a difference in fuel pressure by drilling those out or is it just basically the volume and getting it to the injectors?

#9 ·
thank you! No I painted it. yes, this helps with volume of flow.

When I drilled out the 2 on the heads I did not notice or have a gauge to see the difference. I did fell the difference when I pudated the fuel pressure regulator, that is for sure. The truck had much more response to it.

I now have a pressure gauge and when I drilled out the housing and the banjo on the housing, I did not see or feel a change.

This is a write up I did with everything else that I painted.
Diggin in the truck - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

#10 ·
Wow. That stuff looks awesome. How did you port the intake manifold holes and that?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.