Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

building a trailer

950 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  TrailerHauler 
#1 ·
So has anyone ever built a goose neck trailer I can buy a old goose neck camper trailer frame and I was going to re use the goose neck part of it and the axles which I thing they are 7k axles and build off of that I want to make it 25 foot long. I am looking for some advice on designing it and pics wold be great thanks

#2 ·
Looked at doing this too. The frames are pretty much useless i hope your a skilled qualified welder. You can come look at my gn if you need.

#5 ·
I have been looking to do it, just make sure you start out with a quality frame, or it wont be worth it. Problem with camper frames is that you take out alot of the strenght when stripping the top off. I would just try to find a old GN trailer and beef it up for what you want. That's my plan so far.

#8 ·
Ya I have my eye on a couple of old ones now so we will see what I can find I am in no hurry though I really don't need one just wanted something to do and got a good deal on an old frame that I could scrap if it wasn't worth using

#6 ·
Don't know what your budget is like but i got my trailer brand new for$4500 off e-bay. How much can you of it? I think you'll be in it at least $2500.

#7 ·
ok so I went and got the trailer frame and it defiantly is not worth building off of so scratch that idea LOL but I only payed 50 bucks for it and it is 35 feet long on the deck so I figure about 40 to 45 total length so now I am off to the scrap yard with it to make some profit off of it :)

#10 ·
I'm with John, your best bet is to find a used GN cheap and make it what you want if it isn't already. I've thought about building my own rather than ordering one from my trailer manufacturer to save on the cost of labor. But as cheap as you can get slightly used and sometimes new goosenecks its not worth building yourself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.