Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Traction Blocks install help

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  clayton 
#1 ·
Ok I installed my PMF traction blocks last night. They have 5 alignment adjustment holes in the top of the block. I have it in the middle one (Number 3) on both sides So the axle should be even on both sides right? No the passenger side is sitting further back than the drivers side. I looking under the spring and saw where the stock blocks were sitting (had a yellow mark on the spring) My new blocks are sitting perfectly along that same stock block mark.
I have double checked that I have it in the middle alignment hole on both sides and I do. Also it seams that the steering wheel is turned more to the right now to go straight. I can adjust that easy.

I took off my Stacked block combo. It was the stock block and a 2.5" block. The PMF blocks are 4.5 tall. So the PMF is .5" taller. But that should have no effect on the steering and the right and left side differences or should it?

See less See more
#2 ·
Called Trevor and I move the axle FWD one hole and man it all lines up good! Did not jack up the truck just undid the ubolts and put the jack (bought a new jack!) under the spring and compressed the spring enough to pull the axle fwd. Worked like a champ! Putting on the Loadmaster 5000 helper bags now in the rain! hahaahah

#6 ·
^ Id say so, also looks like the pin threads arent threaded in the nut very far. Also looks like the u-bolts arent long enough either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.