Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

6.0 swap In a 7.3??

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  jp115 
#1 ·
Hey guys, so I found this site called the horsepowershop.com andthey have a 6.0L ford engine that is pushing OVER 550HP with 80 hp over injectors and a rebuilt stock turbo! So my q is should I put this in my 99 f350 instead of upgrading the 7.3 (which is a B!) the guys at the site said they rebuild the entire engine so it really has no stock parts so he said there is none of the stock 6.0 problems! And if I got the 6.0 it would mean bigger injectors big chip, twin turbo, and stacks AT LEAST! Tell me what u all think!!!!! THANK YOU!

#2 ·
Keep the 7.3.

Did they tell you who's "80hp injectors" they are? Cause honestly if you want 500 hp then it would prolly be cheaper to just mod the 7.3, remember you will have to get a new trans for the 6.0 and all new wiring for the engine and dash so that everythong would work right.

#9 ·
mostly he has too much $.. needs to spend it on repairs. there a 6 leaker tax deduction isnt there?

#12 ·
The 6.0 has more HP stock. But if your trying build a mean motor, eventually you will run out of cubic inches and that's when you would need a 7.3 , but I love 6.0s id rather have a 6 leaker all day over a 7.3

#13 ·
And, youd spend more money to do the switch, fix the main 6.0 problems and THEN to build it up to harness some power. You'd be better off to just make a mean motor out of the 7.3

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.