Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

03 6.0 no whistle

17K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  kh_strokin07 
#1 ·
I straight piped my 03 6.0 and have hardly and whistling at all at idle no jet sound like all the others. I was wondering if anyone knows if the back pressure sensor could habe anything to do with this. Any help would be appreciated.

#2 ·
How does it run. Any smoke?Is it laggy?VGT solenoid is hooked up? Do you have a way to scan it?

#4 ·
Double check your harness going to the VGT solenoid. Was it running fine before you did the exhaust?

#6 ·
Even with sticky injectors, straight piped 03 ought to sound like a jet. Hell, a straight piped 06 sounds like that. Even with a newer flash, it would at least cycle the veins in the turbo.

#7 ·
That's what I thought and am confused about and thinking it might be the sensor its running more like a non vgt like the veins aren't moving

#9 ·
I figured when he said straight piped it that it was all gone.

#11 ·
I had my turbo unison ring sticking aka stuck veins, I got a soft under boost code. Without a good code reader you will not see the soft codes. My Insight CS reads soft codes.
You may need to pull your turbo, pull it apart and clean it. It's about a two hour job max.
Like everybody else says that puppy should whistle like crazy straight piped!

#15 ·
My 03 is straight piped and on cold start it doesn't whistle it just makes a noise lol but when it's warmed up it's super loud. lol idk if this help but just my .02

#17 ·
Pulled the turbo and pulled it apart and the unison ring was rusted stuck and wouldn't move got it all cleaned up and goin on tonight should work great now thanks for the help tuckman it is much appreciated!

#19 ·
Got it all put back together and on the truck tonight and it finally sounds like a jet and has more power too! Thanks everyone for all your help!

#20 ·
Glad you got it going man!:psn:

#21 ·
Good to hear you are ready for lift off, lol! I has that bookmarked for over a year and almost deleted it last week!

#23 ·
Hey I thought my veins was stuck so I pulled my turbo apart abd out was clean.. But I'm cleaned it anyways... Still I dont hear it cycle when started no jet noise.. it used to do it but it just quit one day... Could it be the solenoid? Its has me stumped

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.