Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

5in vs 4in

2K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  bayouboy22 
#1 ·
I want to chunk the stock exhaust, and dont know whicj to go with.....
4in or 5in???

#9 ·
Thanks lincolnlocker! But i have no mods yet, bone stock!
I have the old up pipe leak problem too but about to order the bellowed up pipes!
Then its exhaust i just dont know which to go with? I dont mind paying a little more for the 5in i just want good performance and a nice deep tone

#10 ·
if its s8t piped its really not gonna matter who you get it from. This has been talked about alot. The search button goes far. Just look around in the vendor section the'll hook you up. IMO 5in looks and sounds better but no gains in performance.

#11 ·
Well then ill more than likely go with 5in since everything i have seen says they are pretty much the same in performance, but the 5in sounds better....well thanks alot guys!

#13 ·
Thanks for you imput J, i was going to go with the 5" but my friend is selling me his 4" turbo back for 60 bucks...i felt like i couldnt pass up the deal!

#17 ·
What size downpipe do you have on the 7.3 cuz I have 4in down 5 in back and I have zero problems and its mbrp.

#18 ·
thats what i believe i have 4"

i had banks 3-3.5" downpipe before and no probs. i have to pull the bitch off and put it in the vise a little to stop it from touching the inderneath of my cab.

totally not impressed with it.

we have had to adjust a few like this before. draw the outsides of the downpipe where it touches, make 2 incisions in the body with an abrasive wheel about 5" long and pound a few times with a hammer to knock back the cab where it touches the downpipe.

if you had it installed @ a shop most probably this is what was done if you have no tunneling noise in your truck. if not i guess you just got lucky brother.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.