Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

upgraded head light harness

9K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  CSIPSD 
#1 ·
does anyone make these anymore? I did a search and gosracing.com used to make them but their website is no more. I've got a couple trucks that i'd like to run higher wattage lights on and its pointless to do so until i upgrade teh harness.

#2 ·
Re: bright box head light harness

my bad brite box is something different, i got 2 products mixed together.... im just looking for the upgraded harness and relays that use your drivers side HL connector to trigger the new relays for high/low beams and the power comes directly from the battery instead of hte truck harness.

edit- or would i be better off to just skip to HID's?

#4 ·
Dang..how soon you forget...we have USA hand made harness and Hella bulbs..best quality..do not run hi's and lows with higher wattage bulbs even with our harness.

#7 ·
I got mine from dfuser

#9 ·
does anyone make these anymore? I did a search and gosracing.com used to make them but their website is no more. I've got a couple trucks that i'd like to run higher wattage lights on and its pointless to do so until i upgrade teh harness.
FYI It is GOS Performance.com and the headlight harness is still listed on the website.
I'm sure Cary can hook you up as well.

#13 ·
Cary, what is this fog bulb upgrade that I keep hearing you talk off? If you want you can pm with the info.

Thanks Rick

#15 ·
I have lots of stickies in my computer..sure helps when you can only use 2 fingers to type.

Fog switch upgrade: couple of ways..

2001. Remove the headlight switch plate and unplug the two plugs. Take a drilll bit inside the the switch and remove enogh material so that you can pull the switch out it the parking light possition. Next take the white wire with the black stripe on it and cut it. tape off the end that goes back into the wire harnes under the dash so it will not short out. Take the other end of it that goes into the plug end and tap it into the parking lights, the brown wire. Now you have fog lights when you pull the switch out in the parking light possition and you keep them when you turn on your high beams.

Or:

http://www.ssdiv.com/fogfix.html

#17 ·
THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!

Did this today, 210k and I have wanted to do this the whole time. I did have to cut the switch apart to get in there with a drill. But it was just melted tabs, so I just melted them back when done. Took all of 30 minutes!!!

One question, Factory is there any relay between there and the fog lights? Because it seems to me by tieing into the running light wire I have just added 65W of load to that wire...

True or ???

I need to add a relay anyway, just have not done it.

Attachments

#19 ·
I have always run the 65W bulbs, just didnt know if this added load would hurt the running light circuit. I will end up building a relay set up anyway at some point, just to get them a bit more power but thanks again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.