Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Help me design the ultimate suspension for offroad, pulls and drags

3K views 23 replies 6 participants last post by  LovinPSDs 
#1 ·
I know all the events are different but I'm looking for a suspension set up with the absolute most flex for offroading but still wanna be able to put all this power the ground for mud drags and sled pulls. I know they don't usually go hand in hand and don't come without a cost... Here's what I've thought of so far..

Front...
Coilovers up front - looking to be around 6" of lift +/-
OUO - adjustable link arms upfront
I feel like this will give me the most flex, clearance and still be able to put the power to the ground... Maybe strap the front end if needed?

Rear..
Not sure here... would all new springs flex more than blocks?
Also intersted in removing axle wrap but don't want to lose the ground clearance of say the OUO traction blocks. can you mount traction bars to the top of the axle? I'm also worried that if I don't do a OUO style block that I'll lose alot of flex.. Input? Any way to make easily removable ones to install when it's drag or pullin time? Main goal in the rear is to be able to flex while puttin power down for other events...

Any other tricks for gettin her to flex out?? This is all planned for 08+ single cab or ex cab shorty..:evil

See less See more
#3 ·
Any way you could get some info on his front suspension setup? I love the fact the truck is a manual:ford:. Is he a member on here?

#5 ·
Yea not a fan of the cummins. But the rest of the truck is bad ass. Would love to see it in person. Very nice setup.

#12 ·
Already got one for pullin trailers! not only for trails but mud drags and sled pulling too... WE like to play in mud pits too.. I have a CJ, just want to try something different.. If it compleletly sucks well then I still have reg. cab I can do something with :evil

#14 ·
I'll have to get some flex pics of my setup when I get a chance. I am in the middle of moving my shop but I may be able to get out in the dirt pretty soon. Currently I have a set of Deaver mini packs in the rear with the factory F350 blocks. It is a big improvement over the factory setup as far as ride and flex. It still has axle wrap under heavy power but it doesn't wheelhop anymore and the shifts feel alot better. My next step is the Carli full leaf replacements that eliminate the blocks altogether that I have sitting on a pallet right now.

#15 ·
We talked about full 4 linked front and rear with Coilovers on all four corners and some bigass limiting straps:evil

I would love to see some pictures tho.. I'm interested in lifting at little as possible while not interfering with ANY fenders. I will have cutouts also.

#16 ·
You may want to look at Pure Performances front and rear C/O 4 link kits..will fit 40" stock fenders. PM me if I can get you info-prices.

Cary

#17 ·
40's stock fenders :confused:

How high is the lift and how much flex to fit these 40's? If I recall the actually maximum opening in the rear fender is only 38 or 39"s so no matter what once flexed 40's will hit..

#21 ·
Been talking back and forth with Trevor at PMF... Thinking cutouts and ~6" full 4 linked (front and rear) coil overs.. Tires will be 38.5x15x16.5" boggers

#22 ·
Denny was running a 12.5" lift comprised of 8" Deaver springs with 4.5" Donahoe hangers/shackles. I believe on the back he was using 4" leafs with 8" OUO traction blocks. He was planning on so suspension changes last time I saw the truck.

#24 ·
Hey guys, looking to bring this back up to the top.. I got screwed out of a few months of overseas money so the budget has decreased a bit but still looking to make a toy truck happen.

My #1 concern.. The truck flexed, with a good size tire and being able to turn lock to lock. Being a bigger truck than most on the trails and such i'm going to want to be able to turn the best I can in any given situation..

Do you really think a 4" lift with cutouts could fit a 38.5x15 without binding up flexed?? I just dunno if I can see it happening.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.