Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Anyone make aftermarket door lock keypad?

9K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  strokin6L 
#1 ·
My truck didn't come with one to start, plus now I put the autopage alarm in. Just curious if anyone out there makes a keypad for the out side of the door that will work with an aftermarket alarm.

#2 ·
Back a few years ago the dealer used to sell them and install them separate. You can tell cause a lot of them put them in the wrong place or put them on f150s that should have had it in the doorhandle. Id try ford cause I've never seen them on a non ford vehicle.

#4 ·
Hey brother! and local too. Did your truck came with key fob door lock/unlock from factory? our 2000 did and we added a wireless ford one from fleabay for a newer truck. works awesome. you would think that a good alarm guy could take the signal wirewise from the unlock switch and wire it into the alarm. this way when the wireless keypad activated to unlock/lock your door it would disarm/arm.

#5 ·
YES, there is a a ford accessorie key pad you can buy it sticks to the door or anywhere you wanna mount it. As long as your truck came with factory power locks you should be good. the parts # is 7L2Z-14A626-BA They list for 85.00 Im not sure it would work with a aftermarket alarm tho.

#6 ·
From my original post:

My truck didn't come with one to start, plus now I put the autopage alarm in. Just curious if anyone out there makes a keypad for the out side of the door that will work with an aftermarket alarm.
My truck didnt come with keyless entry (still havent figured that one out), and I think the part thats going to hurt me is not having factory keyless entry. Thanks for the part #'s though.

#10 ·
Are you wanting to know if you can add factory keyless entry? Or any kind of keyless entry? You do aftermarket keyless entry for around $100/installed at just about any stereo shop (dont use Best Buy, they are a joke!!!).

#8 ·
You can add the key pad which is a good bit of work. You have to change the dash harness out of a truck that had it. Adding a key less remote is pretty simple and they can be found aftermarket. There are no aftermarket key pads b/c Ford has had a patent on it since about 1981. They are the only one manufacturer that has it or can use it. As for as I know.

#9 ·
talked to my buddy and he said my truck wont be able to work with a keyless remote. He said that if you cycle the key like 7-8 times...the door locks will lock, and this will tell you if the keyless remote will work. He said if the door locks don't lock after cycling the key 7-8 times the keyless remote wont work.

#12 ·
That just means a factory keyless system wont work. Take it to a stereo shop and have them put a keyless entry system in for around $100. Or pay a little extra and you can bump up to a full alarm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.