Votes: 2 10.5%
  • week

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • month

Votes: 11 57.9%

When will tarm get a video

10K views 83 replies 18 participants last post by  TARM 
#1 ·
When will we see a 40psi+ boost video of Tarm's X???

#3 ·
1 week. He sounds close. To remove any technology obstacles, if you email me the vid, ill post it. Tarm, we all wanna see that GTX4294r, and see if its the holy grail of 7.3 turbos or what! Bring it Tarm!

#4 ·
:whs: If you don't we'll all think you don't even own a powerstroke!!!

:hehe:

#5 ·
Tarm didn't start a build thread....so we started one for him! Post some pics up! We need proof and a progress report pronto!:poke:

#9 ·
All right you smart @sses!!! You guys are actually gonna/force/me to finish this up soon. LOL

Actually I was talking to V-Ref last night for a good bit. As I told him I should have it back up and running by tonight barring so,ething unseen. The FASS unit I was given by Addison had a pressure reg spring that had tension to be run as a stand aloone but on a dead head setup not with a second reg on the motor return. Pressure would be to low to get fuel to go/mback to tank thru both systemsd with that spring. Talking to Matt earlier he suggestef what he had do with his setup in a similar issue. He pulled the fitting and removed the spring and balll. Then welded the fitting shut and drilled a 1/16th hole so the minimal amount still returned to tank from the FASS. That allows it to still send air vapor and a small amount of fuel back.b. the rest will be contrfoled by the engine RR regulator. I took that idea and sort of improved on it. I tapped the inside of what is a 8 jic orb to male fitting to 7/16ths. Then I could screw in any 7/16th bolt into it. Cut the head off bolt and drill the orifice in it. That way if I need to change size I can simply change the bolt shaft out and drill it to a different size easy. All that is now left is to hook up thew FASS. I also want tyo drop the tank one more time to ensure everything is tight. I had a few small air bubbles in the dahl but I think it was from the prime plug in it. Still I want to be 100% certain itsn not something loose at the tank as now runnning the FASS instead I don't have the clear bowl to view any air. I can't seed a reason that will not be finished tonight. I do need to get the final filter for the FASS but I will just put what NAPA has in stock that fits with the best mic spec. Then switch it out for the 2 mic. Donaldson when it arrives. In fact I am driving. Down to napa right now and am at the parking lot as I type this on my driod.

Once its running and a good ride to get thew air out I will giv e it some runs to blow the boots!#$ then some vieos once they are fixed with the new 3" big rig rad hose I picked up 3 feet bof for $40 from NAPA yesterday. That should do it until the tranny blows. LOL

#10 ·
ya ya ya, your like a broken record. :poke: how many times have you said that? :D i dont even think you have started it, or even bought the go fast parts, as we have not seen anything.

i have heard of a armchair quarterback, but not a armchair go fast truckerback. <---(i just woke up, cut me some slack)

:nopics:

#11 ·
4:54 p.m. Come on Tarm. We're waiting!!

#12 ·
Oh its gonna be the wee twlight hours. Gotta love when someone used a npt thread fitting in a jic threaded port. Now I know why there was plumbers tape on the fitting. Grrr

Tt, you just wait to you have a few things screw up on your rig. LOL. can't wait to be helpful. In the motivation dept. LOL.

Question for you guys: I am using the the old factory return tube on the sending unit as the return for the FASS units return line. Right now I know volume wise its no isue at all as I am only allowing a 1/16th orifice. Where mybquestion is when I get the Fl back and then the FASS becomes a lift pump the preasure will be reset to 10 psi using the proper spring and ball. Do you think at the lower pressure it will have a large enough increase in volume that it would exceede what the 1/4" factory return tube? I really doubt the FASS even though the motor is rated at 180gph really does that at any pressure but I am not sure what it realy does at the lower preasure. I would prefer not having to drop the tank again to change the return line back to a larger tube.

So what do ya think wil the factoruly retirn tube be enough for the byoass of the FASS 150 / 180gph when used as a lift pump set at 10 psi?

#13 ·
do the math, as i cannot, will a 1/4 line allow 180gph? keep in mind, when you turn the key on, till you start, think glow plugs in winter, it has to flow 180gph, regardless of whether or not the truck is running.

if all you gotta do is change the line, and you said you were gonna drop the tank anyways, why not?

o, and i already know, that with as much $hit as i have given you, ill get my fair share when it comes time. only difference is, ima do it in small steps. its really hard to fk something up when its just a little project. when you do lots at once like you did, its expected. huh tarm. :poke:

#14 ·
Yep the big overhauls open up the sh!t can of chasing issues.

On the pump do not forget I am running a reg return at the motor. That's the part thats screwing me up on calculating it out. If I was dead head I would use a -8 an line as the return on the fass. In this case the reg at the motor will be set to 65 annd boost ref to a min of 45. Anything past that will be returned.

Hang on let me lay out the system as it wil be:

Tank
FASS with a reg return set to 10 psi
Fuelab Pump
Motor reg return set to 45 psi min - 65 psi max boost ref

What I need to know is what are the chances the difference in flow between, the fuelab 41401set at the reduced speed and the Fass HD150/180, is more than a 1/4 line can flow at below 10 psi bp. This is with the FASS reg set at 10 psi as a lift pump and the Fuelab pressure set by the motor reg return at 45psi min 65 max boost ref.

#15 ·
your not following me. it doesnt matter about differences in flow. what is the max flow it will see? plan on that, and anything else will work. your trying to over think it.

unless you have two return lines, one from the motor rr, one from the fass, there is nothing to think about.

arent most fass/airdogs just tapped into the existing return line anyways? if so, run a T in the return line, tap the fass into it, and make sure the return line will handle whatever the maximum flow is.

dont try to go well i need this size from here to here, then i gotta jump to this, then, then then. just make it all the same size and be done with it. whatever will handle the max flow. you stated -8. whats hard?

it doesnt matter what the pressure it in the line either. 10 psi or 100 psi. diesel compresses so minimally its gonna return the same amount any ways.

i suppose i could dumb it down a little more for you. take the max flow you will have, plumb it like the fass is not there, then just tap the fass in. all of your issues are solved. :D

#16 ·
Apples and oranges...but after reading this post, went out to the truck....and was able to adjust fuel pressure from 45 psi to 80 psi using the FL41404 in Continuous Maximum Speed mode with the truck idling. My fuel returns to the tank via the factory pickup.

#25 ·
tarm has the gtx42r, if he ever gets around to finishing the ex
:eek:wned:

Ehh...hmmm....Tarm.....Tree Trimmer needs some trimming...by the Tarm. :poke:

#24 ·
I will let you know this Friday as I should be picking it up this Friday.
Hope it's bad a$$.
I'll go ahead and offer up a quick derail on Tarm's build thread...:poke:

Both of you guys do tell...no holding back. In fact...if one of you could post a vid of a GTX42 and 40+ psi in Tarms build thread (this one).....:dfpsn:

BTW Aggie-I like sump works like a champ, no leaks using Intl gray sealant.

FI Stroker-Does your Swamps build feature their bedplate by chance? If so, pics are required. :evil

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.