Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Deleted and Tuned

8K views 31 replies 22 participants last post by  6L strokin 
#1 ·
Heres two videos from in front of our shop....first one is on the H&S "Wild" tune and the second one is on the H&S "Hot" tune. Also has AFE intake and 5in exhaust. Hopefully have custom tunes next weekend.

#6 ·
Could you post up a video of your truck. Off idle, no brake boost. I would love to compare the "laaaaag" side by side.

The 6.7 Scorpion has nearly no "lag". Throttle response and torque output is almost instant even on a full 0-100% pedal stab. I dare say that a 6.7 with a 150hp tune will keep up, if not jump, on your 6.4 and a 345 tune for the first few feet.

Found a couple of 6.4 Examples :

To the O.P., thanks for posting the videos!

#7 ·
Before you start talking about jumping, I would take Mike's 6.4L with the 345 loaded and take it for a spin, then check back in with me..

I can cut you a break since it's early, but that's nothing I would be interested in buying. In all fairness, I would have to drive the truck in person, but I got to believe there is a lot more response somewhere in there than what I am seeing.....
Until then sorry, I'm not excited about buying a new truck if that's all she's got. I know that sounds harsh, but that's the way it is when we go backwards.
We'll soon see what Matt brings to the table.

#10 ·
Before you start talking about jumping, I would take Mike's 6.4L with the 345 loaded and take it for a spin, then check back in with me..

I can cut you a break since it's early, but that's nothing I would be interested in buying. In all fairness, I would have to drive the truck in person, but I got to believe there is a lot more response somewhere in there than what I am seeing.....
Until then sorry, I'm not excited about buying a new truck if that's all she's got. I know that sounds harsh, but that's the way it is when we go backwards.
We'll soon see what Matt brings to the table.
:doh: I have driven EVERY tune on the market, 6.4L AND 6.7L. Have you? There is no down talking the KEM 345, GREAT TUNE, or any other 6.4L tune for that matter. I am simply trying to bring a little more knowledge into this thread to clean up what some such as yourself seem to think they can deduce from watching a video.

Sorry OP! KEM Performance should have custom tuning capabilities here shortly for the H&S Products, and there will be even more options out there for you 6.7L guys.

#12 ·
Could'nt agree more , Hey George go back to your hole or rock or wherever it is you came from , for as many posts as you make over here you aint fooling anybody with what you really want , give these guys a chance to do what they do best . Post up a vid of your truck as it seems you have made some pretty big claims of how fast IT is . I'm sure your truck is nice but you just sound like an arrogant clod with a truck your bored with . :lame:

#11 ·
That was pretty douchy... :doh:

#14 ·
I'm pretty new to the forum but I can agree with everyone on here when they say "you gripe a lot". Look at what the other manufacture's are doing and what they are bringing to the table. You can't switch motors every three to four years and want a whole new truck with it. Chevy can do a different frame because they have had the same motor tranny combo since like 01. Dodge never has done a whole lot with the look of there truck since mid 90's, yeah they changed motors, but thats cummins not so much Dodge. I think if this new motor works out and the trans does fine you will probably see more changes in the future but they have so much riding on this new motor and trans to change a lot.

#16 ·
I am going to try to stay unbiased here, but those videos don't do the poster justice I hope. I also wasn't really impressed. I mean, unless it's just misleading. Put a stock one next to it, do a brake boost side by side and see the difference. I think mine is pretty darned quick off the line to 60mph bone stock too. Maybe after I drove one of those it'd feel much different, who knows.

Not knocking the tunes,, just don't think those videos were anything special...

ALSO, don't get me wrong, I LOVE my 6.7!

#17 ·
I just bought a 6.4 with 70000 on it and already own a 6.7 only like 30 on that one now I'm waiting impatiently for the warranty to run out on the 6.7 because I want to tune that :) unfortunately I'm not waiting for the warranty to run out on the 6.4 I gotta get this egr and DPF off before It kills me
(I apparently idle too much out in the patch)

since H+S tech guy is roamin this thread I think you should PM a price on a delete kit and chip

#20 ·
i wouldn't wait to long on the 6.7 just get that crap off. one of my buddies bought a 6.7 and had it tuned within a week. another guy i work with had his 6.7 cummins seize up cause of a plugged filter, the dealership thought it was a stuck egr they had no idea the filter was plugged.

#25 ·
I just got a new 6.7 about a month ago and quickly did a delete and H&S, and i previously had a 6.4 with a delete and also H&s. And honestly this thing does seem to lag compared to the 6.4. It really feels like my old 6.0 with an innovative tune. Its got power once it takes off but there is some sort of lag present. But it doesnt really feel like its coming from the engine, it seems more like the tranny doesnt jump into gear quickly enough. And honestly it doesnt feel as strong as the 6.4 up top. But stock to stock the 6.7 does feel stronger though.

#26 ·
I will bet that the lag, that H&S compared to the 6.4L:confused:, will be found in the ECM programming designed to lay the fuel into the engine smoothly. I remember the 6.4L suffered from horiffic lag until one member discovered that the lag could be overcome by a series of "engine off" accelerator actions while turning the key off and on. I don't remember the series, but it worked for a very short time because the ECM corrected the response level back to the factory preset..
Spartan defeated the system which allowed for very crisp acelerator response on the 6.4l.
It's easily noticed in the KEM 345 tunes also because when you lift at highway speed, the truck wants to throw you into the windshield.

#29 ·
That is still debatable.

#30 · (Edited)
well the 7.3 was about 275rwhp unless you spent thousands of dollars,i know and spent, about 6 thousand dollars and got to about 400 plus another 4 thousand for the tranny. hope my 6.7 isn't that much to break 500 but right now 500 sounds nice.

#32 ·
honestly.... if you went straight from a 7.3 or 6.0 to a new 6.7 you would be VERY impressed if ya think about it... my dad has a 7.3 so ive driven it a few times, and ive had a 6.0 and 6.4.... compared to the 6.4 its not near as fast no, but as far as towing... the 6.7 would tow circles around that 6.4 stock and now that its tuned its no comparision at all.... IMO ya a 6.4 is better for the drag strip, but as far as DD, towing, etc i love the 6.7 hands down over any of em!! :ford:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.