Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

sway bar ends/links

776 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  neverkickn 
#1 ·
2000 f250 ccsb 2wd 175k. When i bought the truck it had some front end play pretty bad, Going over pot holes/ man covers would make the truck sound like it had bad ball joints, so i changed the ball joints and it helped a little. Sound is still there and im tired of it. Doing a little research it sounds like sway bar busings/ links. Anyone done these? Where is the best place to get them and the best ones to get?

#3 ·
Swaybar bushings take about 30 minutes to replace, with most of that time being laying out the tools and cleaning up. End links about the same. Check them with a prybar and see if there is any substantial movement.

Also check the shock bushings. Usually the lower bushing wears out within 50k miles.

#4 ·
The stock sway bar bushings and endlinks are junk. Go for some Energy Suspension bushings. They made a big difference. Plan on more than 30 mins on the endlinks though, the bushings are a pain to press out even with the proper tools. Took me a while to do mine and I had a press and all. Just be careful not to mess up the endlinks in the process.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.