Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Graduation Friday

940 views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  stoker04 
#1 ·
Well that time is finally here. I know when I was younger I said I can't wait to graduate, but here it is and now I don't want to graduate because I realize its going to be rough, and nothing is ever going to be handed to you. I'll miss it thats for sure though..

#2 ·
HS or College. Either way, I got a Levi Jacket older than you.

J/K

It'll be good, you'll be fine. Welcome to the workforce.

#3 ·
Congratz. Just make sure you get a trade or go to college, dont screw around working deadend jobs and you will be fine.

#4 ·
Actually, a few of those dead end jobs will do a couple of things for you. It will teach you a work ethic. Be on time, work hard. If you tell a guy you will work for nine bucks an hour, do the job, don't give him nine bucks an hour worth. If you do, that's all you will ever make. Work as hard for nine as you would for ninety. It will make you appreciate that good job when you do find it, and your new boss will be glad he has hired somebody with an actual work ethic.

#5 · (Edited)
:whs: Yeah I'm trying to get something with Finch John Deere services for the summer. I took diesel mechanics as an elective my junior and senior year. It was the first year for the program my junior year. We built our shop from scrap and they gave us an older auditorium with no garage doors, everything we brought in was through the front door, from engines, hydraulic pumps, smaller tractors...It was fun though. I am scheduled to start U.T.I on August 22 this summer in Exton, Pa. Thanks though, I know I'll miss it, but it seems like I can't wait to leave. I still remember my first day of Kindergarten...ha

Im graduating from high school.

#6 ·
Bust your ass! That's all. Like Andy said, doesn't matter if its $9 or $90 bucks and hour, work your balls off and you'll never regret it. There's lots to learn in a crappy dead end job if you've got the right attitude.

#7 ·
Good luck and congrats

#11 ·
Just remember if your not early your late. Every job i have had since graduation in 07 im usually the first one there and the last to leave. The bosses like to see that kind of ethic. And like everyone else said treat what ever job you have like its the best job you have ever had and when that one job comes along your set. Good reviews mean alot to employers. And my opnion on uti its a great school went for 2 1/2 years. Saw alot of people flake out and most became lube tecs with no ambition. There's alot to take in if you pay attention and alot of knowledge at your disposal if you take the time to learn from the experienced guys teaching and even the guys going there to fresh up their knowledge. Anyway Congratulations and welcome to the working world.

#12 ·
HS... Wow.

That was along time ago.

Differant world now for sure. No one will even look at you for a real job without a college degree of some kind.

#13 ·
Yessir. Its hard to believe I won't see a lot of these guys ever again...here are some pictures of that night.

That letter I was reading in the last picture was a letter I wrote to myself in first grade about what graduation would be like. I wrote this..I want to be a train driver. I like diesels. I want to work on diesels.I want to go fast in a diesel maybe even 100 miles per hour. I want a diesel truck.. I was pretty shocked. Its funny how things like that can stick with you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.