Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

bully dog triple dog gt tuner

21K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  6Lstroken 
#1 ·
i'm new to the powerstroke world. always been a ford guy though. I just bought a 05 250 with the 6.0. It has had the head gaskets and head studs done. I just installed the bullydog triple dog gt tuner and was wondering if anybody out there is currently running it and if so what you think of it?

#2 ·
from what i have seen they do not treat transmissions well

#4 ·
Well, I truly think that people that bash the triple dogs have never used the triple dog... I have had one for the past year and a half and have been pleased with it.. it has been custom tuned to my truck by the installer here in wilmington nc...That is what he told me and so far i realy have no complaints... If you read the manual it will help understand how the setup works... the guages are great and the shift on the fly works as advertised... my truck is my DD so its nice to use around town, then power it down to pull boats and horses with the push of a button.. now that being said im sure custom tunes with the sct are nice, but i couldnt say because i have never used them... just my 2 cents.. I realize this is my 1st post here but i have been around this forum for a while just taking good notes from those who know a lot more about the 6.0 than I...Thanks..

#5 ·
As rob stated i started out with an edge platinum. I loved it. I then borrowed a triple dog i liked it to. neither one screwed with my tranny. I now have an sct and the fact remains the same...an sct isnt for everyone. The bullydog and all that work just fine if you dont wont to unleash the beast.

#6 ·
To tune the tranny you must flash the truck. Shift on the fly is using the adaptive learning. To do adaptive learning correctly you are wasting more time that swapping tunes. It is all what you want. If you want the best then you get the best. If you want less get a all in one jack of all trades easy to use gadget.

#7 ·
thanksfor the information guys! I have another question. After i installed the triple dog i was able to hold the brakes and blow a ton of black smoke out the exhaust. but for some reason now it will not do that anymore at ALL! It blows black smoke when i get on it going down the road but will NOT do it holding the brakes on. WTF?

#9 ·
lol :whs:

#10 ·
So what is the problem? I pulled the egr valve and cleaned it and its moving freely. Doesnt look like the passage way where the valve sits is wet at all. . . .the soot in the bottom looks dry. So what might be the problem?

#14 ·
No, that's not what I was getting at... I meant it like GET HIM :gethim: make him look like a fool.....

seriously wasn't bashing on you did, you did your time, your back... s'all good!

#15 ·
the problem is your the idiot that cant read or comprehend what you read! I never once said i want to make it smoke, i asked why it smoked like crazy at first and now doesnt! So i was asking if thier might be a problem but because you dont know the answer you would rather try to make me look like an ass but nice try, like i said try to figure out what your reading next time dipsh*t!!!!

#17 ·
no problem, they are probably using map refrencing which i prefer becuase now you cant fuel the hog down low and smoke every one out, but once the map sees boost it will fully fuel, and it will smoke up top because there isnt enough air and theres more fuel now. so all in all, its tuned slightly better id say for down low.

#19 ·
Everyday there is always a new thread about bully dog, edge or sotmhin other than SCT, pleeeeeeease look at the 9 million other threads on this topic and realize they are not the best option for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.