Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Front Inner Axle Seals

978 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  rpenner54 
#1 ·
I am looking at installing the SD style Fosheda Axle seals into my 97 F-350 front axle. I was hoping to find some information on just how far those those seals get pressed in. I do not have the benefit of the seeing how it all came apart since I cam changing seal styles. Photos, a shop manual page sure would be helpful.

#3 ·
Have you pulled your axle apart to see what is already there? My d60 came out of a '97 and the BOM showed it had the Fosheda seals. When we pulled it apart sure enough that is what was used.

#4 ·
#5 ·
OK survey says that this are a R O Y A L pain in the ass. Time to order two more.

#6 ·
Yes they are a PIA! Even on a superduty. I did mine a while back and got the drivers side in just fine, but couldn't get the passenger side pressed in right. I bought one more set and pretty much screwed it all up again. Now it all leaks again. I need to make a tool to get mine to go in right the next time.

#7 ·
I am a pretty patient guy anymore but it was about tool tossing time. That is retarded for those seals to go in so hard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.