Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

H&S Hot vs Spartan WarHammer Dyno Results

64K views 94 replies 39 participants last post by  displacedtexan 
#1 ·
We put the latest H&S Hot File for the 6.7 Ford into our truck and then the new WarHammer tune from Spartan. The new Spartan WarHammer tune has about 30HP on the H&S tune per our dyno results. Let us know if you have any questions, we have both units in stock and ready to ship out along with many different exhaust options.

1-3 is H&S and the 4th and 5th pull was Spartan. In order the numbers were:
478HP
482HP
481HP
505HP
508HP

#12 ·
Thatr because your "feel" the Spartan more because it comes on much strong and at a lower speed/rpm. Notice in the dyno sheet how steep the angle is on the two Spartan runs, this is what you are feeling.

#5 ·
Am I seeing 150+ mph on the rollers:eek:. What top speed on these 6.7s tuned.

#10 ·
when i got my 6.0 dynoed the operator got it up to 154..... ive had the 6.7 up to 140 so far on the interstate..

#6 ·
I am a newb at tuning diesels but here goes........why no torque #'s?

#8 ·
500 horses on intake tune and exhaust . Man these things
Are really coming along.

#13 ·
Which one has better drivability?

#14 ·
I like the Spartan for the fun factor on acceleration compared to the current H+S version 6.7.9. I have no complaints on the Spartan 200hp tunes drivability, shifting is spot on, power is great, and I've even done a good bit of towing with this file no problem. As it stands right now tuner to tuner I'd run the Spartan.

#15 ·
Will that tune put the truck over a 1000 on torque? I'd certainly think so

#17 ·
I don't think Aaron did, he's been having issues getting the the eye to read RPM at the crank. I'd bet it's right around 1200 ft lbs

#39 ·
Sorry going to bump this

While they might not have had the torque numbers available to post, it's impossible to derive hp without knowing torque @ rpm....

#21 ·
lol i gotcha!!

#23 ·
Man,I'm really stoked about the new Toys coming out for the new 6.7 motor, and just wanted to Thank you Guys for taking your time to Bring these Products to frution LOL

Really Thanks for your time ! Can't wait to install some of these products on my new 2012 F350 C/C Sb
Spartan Rules, all others drule LOL

Innovative is Doing some great stuff also THANKS!

#27 ·
I thought long and hard about which to get.. But decided on H&S.. and its a really simple/stupid reason.. Because its tiny and has the integrated dash mount.. Other then that I think both companies make awesome tuners.. I hope I dont regret going with the H&S. Plus the few extra ponies Spartan makes vs H&S werent really a deciding factor.. I am assuming that once KEM and others start getting into the HP war, it will all work itself out in the end.

#33 ·
Please someone get a torque figure. I told myself I was not going to do a tuner but am having trouble resisting the Spartan:evil

#34 ·
Well if it helps with your decision, my wife ran or shop 2011 one direction to PA from CT on the highest H+S setting(6.7.10 and HOT program) and returned home on the Spartan 165 hp file. She was towing a 3500lb trailer and had no idea which file was in the truck either way. It's pretty hilly out here going thru NY and PA and she noticed a big difference in power. The return trip was on the Spartan and the comment was " what did you do to the truck, it feels like it's going to spin the tires when I'm going up hill?" The other comments was " I don't even have to touch the gas pedal(I know, but she's OK!) and the truck just drives down the road. It doesn't even feel like the trailer's stillon the truck" The truck has a 52 gallon Titan in it now, so she can run all the way home without stopping. The fuel mileage was just over 1 MPG better coming home on the Spartan 165 tune. Just wanted to share these findings.

#35 ·
Good review. Thanks or sharing. I need all the mileage I can get. With the new mods to my truck, my mileage has dropped considerably.

#36 ·
pull the trigger on the spartan lol

#37 ·
Lol. If I can increase my mileage in the lower settings I would be sold.

#38 ·
You can in ever setting as long as you dont trys to race every truck you see or drive like nascar lol

#40 ·
My 6.7 with the warhammer, s&b, 5in mbrp made 520rwhp and 1300ftlbs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.