Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Anyone puking after studs?

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  donzimama 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has had issues after an egr delete, new head gaskets and studs?

Is there a better head gasket than the updated stockers? My truck is getting torn to pieces next week.

#4 ·
Make sure the heads are decked flat, some like the victor reinz/black onyx gaskets I went back with stock No problems for 20k strong.

#5 ·
Anyone have any thoughts as to the chromoly push rods? Not something I have heard many people having issues with, but they are fairly inexpensive while its apart.

#6 ·
If you use the latests version of OEM ford gasket they are the best, I torque all the 6.0 and 6.4 studs and then let then sit overnight and retorque again the following day. I would suggest pushrods also while your in there. As far as puking, it's all about machine work and getting the heads checked at a GOOD machine shop. It makes for more down time, but beats doing the job twice(some people have done it more the twice!).

#11 ·
I was just going to call and ask you anyways, but I don't want to bother you every time I get another idea... You would get tired of me fairly quick..

#7 ·
What all do you have done by the machine shop on the heads? Just cleaned and checked to make sure they are flat?

Ive never had the heads off anything before but plan on doing mine late this summer. Did the OP do anything on theirs before reinstalling.?

#8 ·
you also may want to check the easy stuff first, if you haven't already. i.e.coolant tank cap pressure release, tank over full, engine getting too hot, etc. just throwing that out there..hope it works out for you..

#10 ·
Its not puking a little bit, I went through 4 gallons towing to PA and back last weekend. about 600 miles.

#9 ·
Factory ford heads are not flat. You may have to take them down as much as .010 as in my case this also means you'll have to have the pistions took down as well $$$. Hopefully yours are not that bad though. Your machine shop needs to check them for flatness and also magnafluxed for cracks. It wouldn't hurt to do the pushrods while your in there but unless you planning and pushing the truck into the 600+ rwhp level they are probably not needed. Hope it turns out well for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.