Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

High pitch ringing when I use both turn signals??

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  bluedge8 
#1 ·
All of a sudden my blinkers stopped blinking and stay lit while making this annoying ringing sound, what is going on?:confused:

#2 ·
quickest fix/guess is the flasher, hows' the voltage on the truck?

#4 ·
voltage sounds good, flasher is like 5 bucks and takes 30 secs to put in.

#7 ·
I don't have a problem trying a $5 part, but what direction can you give him?

#8 ·
I have never heard a "ringing" sound but I have heard an incessant "buzz" that only goes away once the turn signals have been activated.

Multifunction switches usually take care of the buzzing sound for me. But without proper diagnosis, it's pointless to throw an $80 part at the truck.

#10 ·
I wouldn't throw an $80 part at it either, but I have heard some strange noises out of a flasher, and you are right should be properly diagnosed.

#11 ·
hey thanks for the input guys, i did some more research and found the problem, the problem was the L.E.D's, I have one for each light and the voltage being drawn from them was so low that the blinker didnt have enough juice flowing through it so it acted like all lights were burnt out, I bought four 3 to 4 Ohm resistors to act like it needed more power and it worked immediately, all my lights are working correctly now- here is a pic i took to show what i did
Wire Tire Auto part Automotive tire Wheel

Text Document Paper Font

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.