Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

How would you hook up your airdog on a 6.4?

AIRDOG!!

2K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  black_pstroke 
#1 ·
i know it prob. been coverd a gazillion times, but how is everyone hooking these up on the 6.4 and are they worth it?

1. pusher to the stock lift pump

2. ditch the stock lift pump and just run the airdog to the hpfp

3. fek airdog, save money and dont buy one

#2 ·
I'm also interested...

Side note, I hear Rudy has some new fittings or something to help flow in the stock/close to stock fuel department. I haven't had a chance to call them but I'm looking for a cheap way to support 60's so I'll be following

#4 ·
run the airdog2 by itself,the stock hfcm in my opinon is not that good. i have installed atleast 20 airdogs and all were plumbed without the stock hfcm. some trucks were stock and some have all the aftermarket parts you can think of. you get a better pump/better filtation and less intrained air in your fuel. there is a adjustable regulator on it so if you need more pressure to the hpfp you can adjust it.

#5 ·
I was thinking Airdog with what Rudy has.. I was told he is seeing zero drops in FP when running 60's and Elites high pressure pump... Hopefully he can chime in

#9 ·
I stand corrected... if the moded stock system will hold 60's and Industrial pump why is Airdog even and option? Seems like you should either go Elite or nothing..

#11 ·
why is it that I hear the Airdog isn't keeping up with mid range injectors and larger HPFP's?

whats the bypass kit cost too.. unless I'm looking at the wrong parts doesn't that put you around 1500 into the system?

Really hope Rudy will chime in on how the drilled out stockers are performing..

#12 ·
Anyone running a plain old Air Dog II is going to have problems. With the Elite kit, which is $625, there should be zero problems. The American Ride pulling truck uses an Air Dog with dual fuelers and huge injectors, so why should it be a problem with anything else?

As far as the stock one goes, I think they have only done it to Rudy's crew cab. Maybe Aaron will post up and clarify that.

#13 ·
That's what I needed to hear.. maybe people having issues aren't running the elite kit.. I thought a few places I've heard it not properly supporting mid range injectors. If it can keep up with American Ride it'll keep up with anything I'm doing....

Hope this wasn't a jack and you find this info useful Grosspolluter

#14 ·
well that was kind of the point of this thread, shoud i get an airdog or not...i dont want to waist money it if its not going to benifit me. i prob wont run bigger injectors. i just want to keep my fuel clean and not starve my hpfp. i also hate changing that damn filter in the frame rail so thats why i was kind of leaning towards the airdog.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.