Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

front end vibration

786 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  zorak 
#1 ·
When i hit 68-72 mph i get a vibration somewhere in the front end, my brand new ties are starting to get chopped up on the inside of the tire.

Any ideas?

new ball joints, wheel alignment is good truck only has 80k miles on it could the leaf springs be shot?

#2 ·
If both tiresbare getting chewed up on the inside I would not be so sure they have your alignment is correct. Ford has HUGE tolernaces in their specs. Get the print out and compare it to the exact specs not the range. If its a 4x4 itbcould be a unit bearing/s. If there is any binding or noise when you spin a wheel there is a good chance they are going. If there is any movement when you push pull on the tire they are already gone. Worn tie rod ends coukd alos be an issue.

If this has been an issue that did not pop up until you got new tires even if it did not start the day of it could be the tires.

#3 ·
truck is at the stealership right now, they say my vibration is the driveshaft. It needs to be replaced at a 1200 dollar bill.

I had my tires balanced and rotated at discount tire before i took it into the dealship, the dealship said they had to break two tires off the rim and re seat them to get the tires to balance.

I have no idea why the driveshaft would be bad. havent done any serious off roading, i havent been in a accident or hit anything. Could the drive shaft be balanced by a shop or am i going to be stuck buying a new driveshaft?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.