Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

suspended liscense

4K views 38 replies 23 participants last post by  gone6.0 
#1 ·
Well back in 08 I got in a little trouble. I had to get a paper liscense from a judge. They never said anything about paying form it. I paid a huge fine and then thought it was done over with. WRONG:doh: The dps in Austin sent me a bill to pay for the paper........well they sent it to the wrong address. A few monthes later I was in an actcident with a 150 and an 18 wheeler wasnt my fault. well Austin must have decided to go though some old records and now I have to go before a judge and see if I get to keep my liscense. Because they sent the papers to the wrong fuking address. They claim I was driving with a suspended liscense.

#5 ·
LOL I thought the same ####:doh:

#4 ·
had the same issue happen to me dps sent a ticket to the wrong address even renewed my license a year later they managed to get the writ address to send a bigger bill too.a ticket ended up costing me 3x times the original fine.in texas they'll find you guilty its a crock of bs

#6 ·
Any and all legal matters should be mailed requiring a signature. If the state did not follow that procedure, I would ask them' why? If they mailed it to the wrong address, they would have known that if they had required a signature.

If the state revokes your license, and they fail to notify you, how can you be found guilty? This matter may require an attorney.

#7 ·
Any matter involving legal action or money requires an atty. In the state of Illinois you are required by law to go to the dmv and notify them of an address change w/in 30 days of moving. I went in changed my address. Got ticket three months later and my address was NOT changed in their system. Went in and repeated the process. Ticketed a year later and they still had the wrong address...I give up. The whole thing is run by dipshtis.

Same way the irs can give you a tax refund then send you a bill four years later saying you owe them. Its all bs. The gov't does what they want and we pay for it.

#10 ·
Cops are useless. There never there when you need em and always there when you dont. Im a truck driver, got pulled over in In. for a dot check and I didnt have my med card on me (got destroyed in the wash) hand job cop wrote me and it cost me 150 bones plus I now have to retake all of my cdl tests over when I go to renew my license, all four of them. Not as bad as driving on a suspended license or goin to jail but it still sucks.

#11 ·
Lets see, you were driving a truck where a medical card is required to be with you and you didn't have it and you blame the cops? Saying that it was destroyed in the wash sounds like a kid in school saying that the dog ate it weather it was or not. For the OP doesn't Texas have license that has your picture on it? Also how long was the paper copy valid? It sounds like you didn't follow up on what was going on with your license.

Some where in time people need to take responsibility for themselves and quit blaming the system.

#12 ·
You actually don't need a liscense to drive. The liscense is needed to have an accident, speeding etc....

#15 ·
Oh and to the person who was crowing about people being accountable, there is a point where the system becomes a mockery of itself. The people that do everything as asked and pay their debts off as quickly as they can, forgoing their own needs, get chewed up and spit out by the system. These people are taught not to trust the legal system that is there to protect.

I know what I did was wrong. I know I could've hurt or killed someone driving after drinking. Im ok with that part. I effed up. But losing one job and then another because you cant get your driving privileges back in the time they said you could is more than slightly counter-productive. How are all these 'irresponsible' people to pay their fines and meet their community service obligations if they cant work?

Being responsible and being able to smell bs are two different things. Both are present in most cases.

#17 ·
Untill recently you would have to mail in your money to austin to get your lic reinstated. Funny thing is any dps office is just as capible as the main office to handle a lic reinstatement. When you would send in the money it would take according to them up to 14 days. (Closer to 30 days in reality). They could easily allow you to pay fines online to reduce costs. But in reality they don't care about you. they set this up as a entrapment in my opinion. Of course you don't have to fall into it but they sure do tempt you into breaking the law. Making it almost impossible to get a hold of them on the phone and if you don't live in the austin area then you sol.
For the average person driving is a necessity to have a job unless you work around the corner.
I do agree that there should be personal responsibility. We should take care of our stuff. But to put it in a better example if welfare was done the same way we wouldn't have a welfare issue. We would have a death benefits issue because they would wait till they were dead to send them some food or lol they would get a job.... Wait did I just solve our welthfare issue? Turn it over to the tx dps and give the welfare office the driver lic part.

#20 ·
Paper license sure sounds temporary to me.

Medical card going through wash is why mine stays in the center console. Next time I bet you'll take 3 hours and $100 and get certified for another 2 years

#23 ·
Same thing happened to me years ago, on an over wieght ticket, went to wrong address, they suspended my lic. I did not know they did, for over a year, went to DMV to renew them and they said you dont have any, well after paying over $300 and taking all the CDL tests over again, I got them back.

#26 ·
that is hilarious

I am not sure what I am going to do. I am hopeing i get a reasonable judge that will understand but I am getting so tired of legal #### I am thinking about moveing to south america buying an ak and be happy. lol
you can do that here. renounce your citizen ship and call your self a illegal. there are thousands of them here in texas and the government wont do a thing about them:doh:

#25 ·
I am not sure what I am going to do. I am hopeing i get a reasonable judge that will understand but I am getting so tired of legal #### I am thinking about moveing to south america buying an ak and be happy. lol

#28 ·
I just went through the court system shakin' me down too

Over a fix it ticket! Lol

It's all about the money

They don't want you to know it's suspended - if I'd known I wouldn't have been driving and they couldn't have gotten a huge fine out of me for driving with suspended license

The public sector has forgotten who they work for

#31 ·
Damn people, take responsibility for your actions. The officer always says "you will get something in the mail xx day" so guess what..when you don't get the paperwork, that means you call them...not case closed.

As far as not having your medical card. That's a requirement, not an option. If that officer would have let you go and you later had a heart attack or something in regards to a "loss of a medic al card" and killed a family then people would be blaming him.

To the OP.Didn't you figure something was wrong being that you haven't had a physical drivers license in 3 years?

#32 ·
Damn people, take responsibility for your actions. The officer always says "you will get something in the mail xx day" so guess what..when you don't get the paperwork, that means you call them...not case closed.
?
Not the case in many situations....

3 years ago I received a speeding ticket 200 miles south of home doing 75 in a 55, No big deal I was speeding...

When I got home 2 days later I called the court house in the county I offended in, their answer was "we have not received the ticket from the officer so you will need to call back in about a week to find out if you are eligible for diversion or need to pay".

Sounds good right?

I called back every 5 days until the court date printed on my ticket and they never received the ticket, their final statement on my court date was " we never received the ticket you are off the hook". I made sure to note the name of the person and the date/time of each call I made.

fast forward 2 years later, I go in to renew my licence and am told I have suspended licence for an unpaid speeding ticket and need to pay $1100 in fines if I every want to get my licence back and I will have to carry a SR2 for 12 months to the total of about another $1200.

I didn't have time to f around I need to drive to eat, $500 to a lawyer and about 2 days and I had a very pissed off DMV issuing me a new licence, without the fines being paid. If I hadn't still had my original ticket as well as my preserved cell phone bill and my hand written log of who I talked to and when I talked to them stapled to it( yeha i'm paranoid ) I would have been SOL....the real kicker though, the bastards still put the ticket on my record 3 years after the fact and it wont drop off until 3 years after they put in on.

It is pathetic that the burden of proof of INNOCENCE is on the individual charged. The burden of proof that your guilty is just "yeha ya did".

#34 ·
I got a friend that lost his over a stupid deal as well. He bought a motorcycle and is running it without tags, so far so good.... He doesn't plan on stopping if the police want him to either. lol!

#38 ·
people who think that we do not have personal responsibility are people they haven't victimized yet. Again it is not innocent till proven guilty. It is guilty till proven innocent. I can start laying down examples for you if need be. I do agree some people lack personal responsibility though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.