Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Cheap small lift???????

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Blow-n-Smoke 
#1 ·
I've got a 04 crew cab 250 4x4 single axel. Its got leaf springs front and rear. I have 33s on it now and I think I may could possibly barely fit 35s if I'm real lucky. Id like to be able to run 37s. The military issued ones I can get a set of 37s for $300, mostly just need then in hunting season and a few weekends during the summer. I never tow, maby a bass boat or amower 4 times a yr. I know that its probibly the best idea but is there any reason I couldn't just add 2 inch blocks and U bolts front abd rear. 100 bucks and bout am hour would be the ultimate 2 in lift but wanted to see what you guys thought. And ofcourse id use steal blocks and tack them in place so there isn't any worry of then sliding out.if this is a horrible idea what is my next cheapest good option for about 2 inches

#2 ·
i wondered the same thing and even asked the same question before, apparently front blocks is a HUGE NO-NO. so i just went with the front mini spring pack and blocks in the rear. still cheap, you can get the front kit for like 100 +/- off of ebay.

on a side note- i dont really see why a mini spring pack is OK but blocks are not, to me they both seam like the exact same thing if anything i think that the mini pack is more unsafe as it has more parts to fail or slip/seperate 5 on the mini pack (between each plate) rather then 2 with the block (top and bottom)
flame suit is on for that one...

#7 ·
Which one did you get off of ebay? The 2 inch mini spring pack or 2.8? Was it from Lift USA or which one if I can ask?

#3 ·
ive always followed the basic rule of no blocks in the front and dont stack blocks in the back. get a shackle lift for the front and tall blocks for the back if you cant buy spring packs. if your truck chits out a block and kills you thats one thing, but if it chits a block and kills someone else thats another. my .02 probably wrong and someone will say so.... haha

#5 ·
The mini pack is held to the rest of the pack with the pin bolt that holds all the leafs together. The only thing holding the block in place is the u-bolts. Plus there is a lot more movement in the front. The rear of the truck sits higher anyways. You could go find some used leafs and make your own mini pack but the ride may not be that great. Also if you lift it more than 4" you will need to drop the steering. Lifting it less than 4" you still may need an adjustable trac bar to center your front axle under the truck.

#6 ·
Sounds good guys I really appreciate the input. Also is the spring packs y'all are talking about the same as the shackle hanger kit I've herd about. If not what's the pros vs cons from personal or well known experience. Like I said I just had baja claws 33x13.5x18 on it and no scrubbing at all. It sits level and i can't see any thing to show that anything was done to make it level. And all I am wanting to do is run a set of the military 37x12.50x16.5 tires during hunting season but 90% of the time ill be running the 33x12.50 street/at I have on it since I normally drive 200 miles a day. Havent upgraded much as far as hp so far other than the edge I got and I run it on 5th level since I average 19mpg. But hopefully soon a sct and then 175 injectors of bout all ill do. So with that said durability is key but ride would be second. I'm definatly a poor country boy with a ton of shade tree experience.

#9 ·
How is the ride? I have just an add a leaf now in the front and it rides rough and is not level either. I was thinking I would get the 2 inch mini pack and so I could leave my f250 blocks in the rear. Hopefully it will be level then.

#11 ·
Trey- the kit u offer will that be all I need to run 37s if I can run 33x13.50s at stock height, front n rear?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.