Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

does anyone have more oil

12K views 107 replies 27 participants last post by  Power Smoker 
#1 ·
Is there not anyone out there tjhat has a modded or dual pump setup that's proven to work yet. I mean the 7.3 guys have multiple companies that have kits for them. The 6.0L has been out for a few years now and the stock oil trucks are still leading the pack. The problem is we are tapped out now. There is no more fuel to be had with stoke hpop. So which company is finally going to step up and put a product on the market for us to move forward

#4 ·
Why is it so much more difficult to make a modded or dual pump setup for the 6.0? I'm sure the market is large enough to justify it.

Garrett

#6 ·
I would think that diesel site's modded billet HPOP should be enough. I know there aren't too many guys running one on the 6L, but i know Tim is running one and i thought that he seen a difference in HPOP drops to the point where the PSI isn't dropping and holding at a higher psi.

#7 ·
On spray Tim has proven to have 700hp maybe to make a 4800 truck run 11's. So obviously Diesel site billet pump isn't cutting it. Does nobody have even and backyard ideas or working with a company on proving they have more hpop

#12 ·
I'm not a real smart guy but I've always thought one of the problems may be the design of the high pressure oil rails and plumbing. Could it be that that area is restricting the flow too much??? If not I think the whole stock pump design needs to be scrapped and its going to have to be an external piece driven off a pully system. I'm probably totally wrong though. LOL

#14 ·
I guess cutting torch and a grinder it is then. Have no idea if its goin to work but let's see what this lil pump will do. Can't wait for everyone to tell me I need a balanced bracket on the crank. Have no way to balance it so hopefully I'm steady with the torch LOL

Auto part Engine Motor vehicle Automotive engine part Vehicle

i

#21 ·
How can it be a war when all the big hp trucks are running stock oil. When an aftermarket oil pump makes some hp worthy of a war then we'll start one. Till then numbers speak and there's way more stock oil pumps out there than modded ones LOL

#32 ·
Yeah more oil sure would be nice for sure! When I'm finally done with my toy I would like to have more than just stock oil on it....

#44 ·
Shawn, you have an email.

The 6.0 version of the T1000 is now in testing. I have two hours of run time on it so far.

Yes Sir. I didn't think there was much demand in a pump for you guys...:doh:
Maybe i'll hold you to that offer yrs ago since you in the 6.0 plans now lol LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.