Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

3.2 inducer limited compound setup for pulling

2K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  HotRodTractor 
#1 ·
Exactly like the title says.... what would you guys recommend turbo wise? Using a 400/600 inj with a cam and P/P heads and headers. Not street driven. Strickly for all out pullin.

I have an idea but curious to see everyones recommendations.

#13 ·
yes its the lil groove in the bore that lets in some air from the larger area like where your intake clamps on. my 2.8 cover has a 1/4" groove.

#18 ·
HX82s come in inducers of 4.4 to 4.6" without getting too much custom done.... so if a 112mm inducer isn't big enough.....

And I am not saying that you need an HX82 exactly - my point was pick something that "fits" the rules as best as you can and picking a stock 3.2 inducer charger is not it.

#19 ·
Didn't know that about HX82s. I guess I am askin how big would be 2 big?

I was looking at using a s4 turbo for both the primary and the secondary as they seem like strong turbos. I know most guys have ran a 66 as their secondary turbo but I was thinking more like a 71. Esp since this will be for pullin only. But then I was thinking that since my primary turbo is limited to 3.2 the 71 might be to big.

Short bus seems to have one hell of a compound setup with the 95 but I doubt his is bushinged down to 3.2.

Edit: and I know a stock 3.2 turbo isn't going to cut it and as vague as my rules are I wanna exploit them as much as possible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.