Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

05+ 4x4 conversion

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  RayTow02 
#1 ·
I know that the e99 has a different pitman arm than the later year SD's. I'm about to start an 05+ 4x4 front axle swap on an e99 2wd. I need to know if i can use the e99 4x4 pitman arm and have it reamed out to accept the 05+ drag link or do i have to get a special pitman arm. I'm trying to minimize the down time as this is my DD. I want to have all the parts so i can complete this in a weekend. When I start this I'll take lots of pics and do a write up. Hopefully some one familiar with these swaps will chime in.

#3 ·
I just did one on my 01 last month and its not to bad. I used the drag link off the 2wd drive set up, and just threaded in place of the 05 draglink. I dont know if an e99 is will fit, but it work well on an 01. Trying to taper the hole the right size was my problem, but i don't have the tools to do it.

I saw that you want to have minimal down time, and just going to let you know that the calipers, rotors, and pads are different. The radius arm brackets have to be moved back like an inch and a quater i believe. The hardest part is drilling and mounting the track bar bracket. Also the swap lifts the front of the truck about 2-3 inches, because the position of where the springs are mounted on the 2wd versus the 05 axle.

#5 ·
Yeah i have some pics but i cant get them off my phone, i can send them to you by txt. ICan take some maybe today or tomorrow and see if i can get them on here.

I used the stock 2wd pitman arm.

#8 ·
I just had an 05+ coil spring & axle conversion done to my 2000 f 250 4x4. did complete front and rear axles. everything went fine but the emergency brake cables, I know its not a big deal on an auto truck but I want the truck to have them. i tried 05+ e brake cables but they wouldn't match up to the trucks e brake and the 05+ rear axle e brake mounts are different than the 00's? Any help? Thanks Ray

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.