Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

2011 Polaris Ranger Diesel

7K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  powerstrokedub 
#1 ·
Anyone ever had any experiance with the Polaris Ranger Diesels UTV??

I have been wanting a Razor for a while and went looking today when I dropped the 02 F250 off at the off road shop to be be lowered a little. However when I got to the dealer they had a diesel Ranger setting there and it caught my attention and after thinking about it something like that would be a lot more usable to me than a Razor would.

So I pretty much have my mind set on picking it up tomorrow. But it also depends on what kind of pricing they give me on the tires and wheels I picked out. I talked to the salesman about 45 minutes ago and told him if they make me a smoking deal on the tires and wheels I would be by to pick it up tomorrow on the way back from the off road shop.

Any thoughts or experiances from anyone??

#3 ·
I have the 99 Polaris diesel fourwheeler and yes it is slow but is great for pulling and working.

This Ranger deffinantly has a lot more git up and go than my old 99.

Really just looking for something to pull trucks in and out of shop like we do with the 99 but also be able to take to truck pulls to ride around on and pull the truck to and from the track.

I don't need a lot of speed. 40 mph is plenty for me.

#4 ·
Subscribed. I've thought about getting one of these too.

#5 ·
The place I work just added a Polaris franchise. One of the first units we got in was a diesel Ranger. It did stay around for some time because they will not go nearly as fast as the gassers. I want to say around 35mph tops, but I may be wrong. I'm sure a guy could make some "adjustments" and it would run faster and harder. If it was me though, I think I'd just do with a Ranger 800 or pony up for the RZR 900.

#6 ·
For work the diesel should be great. For play the gasser.

#7 ·
Right, I'd imagine it'd be like your wheeler, slow, but a workhorse. I still can't track down that write up for the pump mods on the wheeler you have, I KNOW I've seen it somewhere, and can NOT find it. I haven't forgotten either, been keeping my eyes open too.

My buddy picked up one of the new 900's.... its just ridiculous.

#8 ·
Well I ended up picking it up this afternoon. The dealership price on the wheels and tires were a little more than I wanted to spend but I found some online.

So far I think this thing is AWESOME. Been out in the field riding it and man what a smooth ride this thing has.

Already looking for a turbo kit and will be turning the fuel up soon as the warranty is up.

#10 ·
Well I ended up picking it up this afternoon. The dealership price on the wheels and tires were a little more than I wanted to spend but I found some online.

So far I think this thing is AWESOME. Been out in the field riding it and man what a smooth ride this thing has.

Already looking for a turbo kit and will be turning the fuel up soon as the warranty is up.
Let us know what you do and how it runs once you mod it. I am very curious.

#9 ·
Sweet, post up a pic of the motor!

#19 ·
Sweet unit! Itll be fun to find out what these things can do with some mods. Did you ever figure out how to tweak your ATV? If your looking for some good deals on accessories check out http://www.superatv.com/ They carry alot of things for polaris UTVs, mostly the RZRs but they have Ranger stuff too. Good quality as well, they beat the snot out of their personal equipment LOL Good luck! Have fun!

#20 ·
My family owns a Polaris franchise and this summer while I was at Polaris Convention I got to spend some seat time in the new Diesel. I was pleasantly surprised with the power, and of course Polaris has a great complete package! We have sold a few of these units to construction companies and they have all been very pleased with them. Congrats on your purchase!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.