Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

100 Over

1K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  lenzhotrod 
#1 ·
What exactly does it mean when an injector nozzle is classified in that way?

#5 ·
I think he's asking whats it mean when the ad says "190cc 100% nozzles" or "190cc 75% nozzles"

#7 ·
no tards haha. 100 over is the size of the nozzle. basically, the larger the holes in the nozzle, the faster the injector will empty the fuel. allows the tuner to play with the pulse width to fine tune performance.

for example, i have 190cc injectors with 100% nozzles. they will still flow 190cc's but just empty it faster than a stick with 75% or 50% nozzles. make sense?

#10 ·
Got the PowerMax and need to dump my current 155s. Got a great deal on a set of Alliant injectors. Need to decide what direction to go with them. If there's no advantage of using a 100 over nozzle to build a 155, I can remove that option from the list.

#12 ·
Last time I talked to Cass, he was finding 75 percent nozzles had better performance wise. I'd look into contacting who ever your gonna go with and see what they say, I loved my 75percent to be honest.

#17 ·
Many years ago I opened some injectors to do some investigation for mods. If I remember right the stock had ability to flow 135cc if you plugged a bypass port. Without that port plugged it should only flow about 100cc. That is why I think you see nozzle % increase is to achieve the same flow at different volumes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.