Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Jason Aldean rapping?

9K views 65 replies 48 participants last post by  Russo2 
#1 ·
Have y'all heard Jason Aldeans new song "dirt road anthem" he raps in it and a bunch of people are hating on him for it. I personaly think the song is pretty badass, what are yalls thoughts?

#3 ·
Yeah, its a re-make. I like the song, and don't really see a problem with him "rapping" it. Personally i'd like to see Jason and BG do a duet on it, with Jason doing the rap part. :shrug:

#8 ·
The chorus is really cool, but I gotta say I don't really dig the "rapping" portion. Just doesn't match the rest of the song. I listen to all types of music too, just doesn't flow well.

#10 ·
I hate Aldeans version of "dirt road anthem" and "my kinda party". Both songs came out forever ago, and just goes to show that Nashville only cares who you are.

Brantley and Colt do Dirt Road Anthem 100 times better than Aldean, and can't stand Aldean's version of My kinda Party.. Why change it to "jacked up tailgate" from "Ford truck tailgate"????

#17 ·
Cause all the chevy/dodge/yota/nissan/other douches that think their boxes are trucks would get all bitchy if it said Ford in the song.

Now for those that want a good song(IMO), and a awesome music video check out Brantleys song "Kick it in the sticks". I really wish they'd play it on the radio.

#12 ·
All of nashville country singers use each other songs? This isn't a new thing.....

#14 ·
Ummm How does country music and rap mix, thats right it doesn't. Although more and more country is turning into pop/rap/disfunctional rock bands. Im turning more toward the underground #### that is still "country".

#18 ·
Texas country is definitely where it is at. It'll take over nashville wanna be's here pretty soon im sure.

#16 ·
Im sorry I cant stand Aldean. Brantley Gilberts versions and Colt Ford's both, put Jason Aldeans dick in the dirt. There isnt even the same feel and emotion in the songs, Aldeans songs are flat/bust.

#21 ·
LOL you Texas boys are funny. I have heard both versions and IMO Aldean's version is better. I still like Colt Ford, Brantley Gilbert, Kevin Fowler, Jason Boland, etc.

And who cares if it's a remake? That's been happening since people started listening to music. Colt Ford was promoting Jason's album when it came out. IMO it brought a lot of attention to Colt Ford for people who had never heard of him before.

#22 ·
Jason Aldean sucks. Almost all his songs are horrible imo. Give me George strait or johnny cash any day.

#23 ·
I like both versions but it would be alot better is colt ford still did the rapping and it it wasn't edited from the original version but I like brantley gilbert alot so its not as good as when him and colt did it.saving amy,kick it in the sticks all his songs are good

#25 ·
I think its a good remake and dont think it should be considered rap, at least you can understand the lyricsLOLLOL

#27 ·
The original version is much better. I like how it flows from the quick rapping of Ford to the slower chorus of Gilbert. I first heard it at Jason Aldean and Luke Bryan concert, and it was far better than the cd version is.

#28 ·
Today's country music lacks soul. Listen to classic country to get true music.

#32 ·
theres even more songs on jasons CDs that were done by other artist long ago haha

"this i gotta see" was done by Andy Griggs
"good to go" was done by John Colbert
"asphalt cowboy" was done by blake shelton

i kinda liked jason aldean when he came out, but he is your typical pop country artist....

give me some Hank Sr and i will crank that #### up

#33 ·
Yea his new CD's ok...and just ok. I don't understand "country rap." The two aren't mean to even go together. There's a few good songs. After his first CD I think he sold out to Nashville. I don't even keep up with "country" music anymore. Yea, there's a few good songs and artists that have a classic country sound here and there like Josh Thompson, Justin Moore (even he's on the edge now), but nothing too special. I mostly listen to the old stuff and the underground guys like Scott H. Biram (in my avatar), Ryan Bingham, Justin Townes Earle (son of Steve Earle), Jason Boland, Hank III, etc.

I'll second Texas country ftw.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.