Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Mud drag setup

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  LovinPSDs 
#1 ·
So I'm thinkin about putting some boggers on the F350 and run it in the stock class of mud drags (next year)....

Are there any suspension tricks or any tricks period for mud drags?

Note NOT mud bog, this is drags

#2 ·
I don't think there are. I know they use coilovers, leaf springs etc. I think traction bars would be a good idea, other than that leave it to the floor!!

#3 ·
Spray truck down with soap right before you run.
Launch in 4 low
Lose as much weight as you can
Put clevis on the front hook
Manually lock your hubs
Watch the lines guys are taking before you. (see what works)
Leave all your windows open

Good Luck

#4 ·
Spray truck down with soap right before you run.
Launch in 4 low
Lose as much weight as you can
Put clevis on the front hook
Manually lock your hubs
Watch the lines guys are taking before you. (see what works)
Leave all your windows open
Good Luck
Huh?

#5 ·
just wodnering if suspension stops, or airing up bags or anything like that will help.... I'm going to put traction bars on it...

now I just need to find out if there is any way in hell I can get a 16.5" rim on an 08.. because that would rule...

#6 ·
You don't want your truck to be solid. Most mud pits are bouncy as Hell.

#7 ·
Sorta figured... hopefully i can fit those 16" wide boggers on there and letter eat!!

what about comparing tires... Example.. Taller skinner vs. shorter wider... The two tires i'm looking at would be a

35x16wide bogger vs. a 37x13 bogger... I'm pretty certain i'll have the power so spin'm. Truck should be flirting with 600Hp at the tires..

#8 ·
I don't know the rules where your at. But in eastern Nebraska tire size is what sets most of the classes apart. I believe 33s are stock 35s street stock. So the bigger you would go the bigger class you would be in. Im sure there is some way they class by motor nods too.

#9 ·
Heres the track...

Heres the rules..... for street stock..

STREET STOCK

BODY & FRAME
Must retain all factory interior & exterior panels
Frame must be stock with no modifications
Any type bed allowed
Must be street able with windshield
Current safety inspection & license required & proof of ins. idenifying the race vehicle
No ATV type vehicles or motorcycles

ENGINE
Must have been available in year and model
No open headers
OEM engine only
Must pull 15” of vacuum at 900 RPMS & must have a port on the manifold to test from

TRANSMISSION
Factory Stock Only

GEARS
Any gear ratio allowed

FUEL
Gasoline only, NO Additives or race fuel (diesels ok)
NO Nitrous Oxide

GENERAL
Complete brake system working
Seat belts with shoulder harness required
All occupants must wear helmets
DOT tires only, NO cutting or trimming
4 wheel drive only
Faster than 6.00 seconds, move to Hot Stock

#11 ·
he on here? Edit... found him! Didn't know he was a sponsor

This is really just for fun.. stock class.. i've seen the stock class before and I was NOT impressed.. one blazer on boggers, the rest were some diesel with BFG's and some other a/t's or m/ts. I figured 600hp and boggers should gett'r done

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.