Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Blackwater Engines Alert

18K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  ridiculously_necessary 
#1 ·
Buddy of mine ordered a reman from them, he specified the year and vin of his truck and got a motor that didnt have a cam lobe for the mechanical fuel pump. At this point they are telling him that a "good mechanic" would have noticed the missing lobe. Which we all know is BS, just being weasels. He is still trying to get it worked out. Just wanted to throw out a heads up about this company's customer service.

I will update this thread according to what is done by Blackwater to correct this problem.

#2 ·
if he paid with a CC just call them, and get them involved, they will either make it right or refund the card.

#3 ·
Ask for some money back to to an e-fuel conversion. $700 should be more than ample.

#4 ·
A "good company" should have shipped the correct motor in the first place! What a stupid response from "customer service" (if it can be called that). Cheers!

#6 ·
You'll be better off in the long run anyway.

Saves you the labor of pulling the engine back out and them the expense of shipping it back.

That's a win for everyone.

#9 ·
All the rebuilders I've run into replace the PMR's with forged. The PMR's have a finite life.

I've seen them fracture from fatigue in a bone stock truck at around 275,000.

#11 ·
All the rebuilder's i've used pull the PMR's. Diesel specific or otherwise. Many GM gas application only use PM rods, so they are stuck reusing or replacing with new.

They don't want to have to replace an engine with a broken rod, because they don't know what application the the engine will see.

Also, because PM rods use a fractured cap, they cannot me resized in a traditional way without the use of a special oversize bearing.

Forged rods are just easier.

#13 ·
I have had several conversations with Blackwater and was always impressed with there CS and knowledge.

Most vendors if given the chance will do the right thing, which it appears Blackwater did here.

Would have been nice to wait to see if they would not do anything before sending out a red flag...

#14 ·
...Would have been nice to wait to see if they would not do anything before sending out a red flag...
that was the case when i posted. they told him too bad, not their problem, no refunds or credits unless the motor was sent back. he was speaking with a lawyer when i posted. at some point a later heated discussion by his wife (who was very angry about potential lawyer fees) made a call. i am told that after a heated discussion and they agreed on a resolution.

given the outcome i would buy from them. we have heard good things in the past about them so didnt feel concerned.

in your discussions with them did they ever say if they use forged rods?

#15 ·
All forged rods.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.