Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

injector pricing?

5K views 42 replies 24 participants last post by  TylerDurden 
#1 ·
so i was lookin around the ole internet at some injectors. i come across swamps. they want 2550.00 for some 250/100's when you can get cass's 250/100's for like 1850.00. how do they sell any injectors, i know they make amazing stuff but dang. their 175/30 is more than hybrids from most places

#2 ·
Contact nate or ben at Unlimited Diesel Performance, I know they have killer prices on injectors. They sell alot of 238/80 because of their awesome prices! Give everyone a couple days to get back from TS since it was this weekend, keep that in mind :)

thanks,
Ac

#7 ·
is that price for NEW injectors or rebuilts? are the ones for $1875.00 new or rebuilt?

#12 ·
another thing people dont understand is some builders do more modifications to there injectors then others. so one persons 250/100% may not be the same as anothers. tim @ performance injection systems taught me that.

#15 ·
Dave are you doing 6.0 injectors again?

#19 ·
It can sometimes be confusing as shops tend to call injectors they sell theirs but they are actually produced by another shop. Its not done to misinform people. But it does add confusion. Imo if its not made by you or specifically only for you then don't call it yours but then that's not how buisness marketing works.

#21 ·
Curiousity question. How many different ways can a 238/100 be made? What different things can be done or be left out to make the same injector?

#22 ·
Im assuming its like anything else. Cleanup, preparation for repair/replacement, checking dimensions/specs, rebuilding, and then testing.

Some probably clean, replace the plunger and barrel, check the armature and throw em in a box marked rebuilt.

Id say its all in the details. Like some of the bigger inj benefit from oil side mods as well as fuel side mods.

#25 ·
I would only ever buy injectors from a builder that not only had a proper flow bench but also used it to flow and balance each and every set of injectors they build. I should be able to call said builder with my reciept and he should be able to produce a flow sheet that matches the one that he put in with my injectors. All his number should match the standard of per 1000 shot with oil temp and pressure.

IMO all your injectors of equal spec are basically going to perform the same until you get past 250/100s. That said, there are things that can be done differently to each build so I would not say they are all the same. Sometimes even outward appearances can show differences. From 200% and 300 up volume capacity I think the door opens more and more where possible difference will equate to performance differences. Also I am sure even with things done basically the same more attention to detail can have an effect as well. Again only my opinion.

#26 ·
The price drop came in when Casserly sourced cheaper parts to get the job done. With the cheaper parts he then passed that on to everyone else and to also get more sales. We used to be priced right up there around 2500.00 as well until this came about.

Others may be doing more I dont know but with FF 250's we have made as much as 570hp wich is about as much as I know of on any other 250.

#32 ·
well, I dunno about alla that... I can tell you that I'm running Cass's injectors, and they run very well, I bought stage 1's and paid the extra $$ to have new nozzles put on them.

why did I get Full Force's instead of somebody else's injectors ? because somebody I trust recommended them .... I am extremely happy with them, and can heartily recommend them to others.

#34 ·
Ill tell you what. i wish cass had dropped the price before i bought my swamps 250/100's. Would have made my decision process on which injectors to go with a whole lot easier.. that said i love these swamps injectors..

#35 ·
HAHAHA yep, and not easily....after getting this old, I have learned to distrust damn near everybody..... however.... somehow you managed to ease me mind, what's left of it.... :eek:

#39 ·
I would think a 200% should flow at least 40-50cc more than the 100% @ 2ms.

#41 ·
Yes it should the top end for 200% from what I have seen and been told with the various tweaks and mods is 230cc/2ms/3k psi. But frankly I think you would loose out running 238 tonthat empty. I could be wrong as that is just a guess but at that level I would think its benefical to have at least some cushion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.