Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

My dyno results..and question on power loss with bigger tires.

9K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  KeninAZ 
#1 ·
Any of you fellas attend the Jefferson state diesel nationals yesterday? I dynoed my truck again running the Spartan 350 tune and came up with 545hp and 1063 ft lbs of torque...the curve was very smooth but to be honest I was a little disappointed because last September on the exact same dyno in similar weather and altitude I did 558hp and 1186 tq. on the 310 tune without my newly added airdog system and CFM, granted these dont really add any power.. Anyway the only difference between those runs was the Sept. run I was on 33 inch tires and yesterday I was on the same tires just 35s. Does the change in tire size really cause significant power loss? also ive heard that from some people that the 350 tune has dynoed less then the 310 any truth? Im just really hoping to get my truck into the high 500's with just bolt on parts and a tune..so far that is proving difficult.

#2 ·
I believe Mike dynoed just a hair over 600HP with similar mods and an Extreme Race tune from Eric.

#5 ·
yes tire size does have an effect. only difference between jeffs truck and mine is I have 38s and he has 32s along with he has ported fuel rails and no wastegate. We ran the same tune while he dyno'd 595/1220 i put down 517/1094 the same day and dyno

#6 ·
To be honest when I put 35s on my truck it felt like my 300 tune was a fast as my 275 with 33s..pretty noticeable difference. who rules the dyno these days? Spartan, Innovative or H&S?

#9 ·
my truck did 543/1231 with 35's on a spartan 310 tune. Been scared to try the 350. I'm back to my towing season. I think there was a power difference going to my slightly wider than stock 35's... I have been considering a wide 33-34

#11 ·
I have spearco, S&W intake, DPF Delete to 6" stacks no muffler, KEM 345 tune on 40" tires I put down 520hp and 1120tq I dont think the tires took any more than 30hp away from the truck from what everyone says about the KEM 345 Tune.

Cool thing was - the truck did 167mph on the dyno - lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.