Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

American Ride

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  jimdawg185 
#1 ·
Here is its first pull with twin turbos and the new headers on it. Didn't make the stack under the hood tall enough and when the motor flexed it put lots of smoke under the hood.

The second turbo really quieted down the the truck. Doesn't sound as wild.

Here another try on the truck and it broke a left front hub. Had a little fire.

#4 ·
Truck looks good as always. But one question...Do you think you gained anything with the twin set-up? The reason I ask is because it seems like his burnout at the end of the track was a little less impressive. It could have been just the track or some other variable, but I am just wondering is Guy happy with the way the twin set up is working? Or was the big single better?

#6 ·
The truck didn't seem to rev out at hard as it normally does in the middle of the track. It is very hard to tell by sound alone as the truck doesn't sound the same as before. Did not get a data log of the truck so don't have any good data.

There are just to many variables to consider and without real data, its hard to give any real answers. Something is just not right.

May have to go back to the smaller injectors?

Timing was turned way up to like 28 degrees or something for the single and with the added boost and back pressure of the twins it may be to much?

Maybe it has a bad turbo?

Maybe trying to shove that much air through a 66mm small turbo is just was to much for 5000+ rpms?

#11 ·
Hopefully Guy can get some more test hooks on the truck so that he can get some real data. Then figure out what it will take to get it running even better then last year. There is no doubt in my mind it will make more hp then last year it is just going to take some more evaluating to get it right.

#12 ·
Have you guys ever thought about getting it on an engine dyno and working the numbers with a tuner right there. Matching turbos when you are on virgin ground can't be easy. Setting up a pair of gates might be needed to get them matched properly as well as tuning.
I love that truck by the way, I hope to see it pull in person this season!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.