Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Oddball wheel/tire fitment question

638 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  fifty 
#1 ·
I started this post over there (with pics):

oddball will it fit question - PowerStrokeNation

But I am going to ask about it here just in case you guys have some good opinions for me...

On my 2002 de-duallied dually, I am running the stock D80 out back, and am running 2 inch spacers up front to even it all out...Oh and a 4.5 inch lift, shackle hanger type etc...

I currently have 2007 Factory Ford 20's on it, but I am wanting to go with Toyo MT in 37's...
I am planning on going with BMF SOTA's, I was hoping to do a 20x10...

So the BS for the 20x10 BMF is 4.75 (-19 mm ooffset) I think...

I also like the RBP 91R and they have a 0 offset...which may be better for my application.

Does anyone know if I will be able to run this with my weird spacer application (I am thinking that the front axle now matches the width of an 05+ axle, as the factory 20's fit like they do on a newer truck.)

Thanks for any assistance/directions and opinions!

See less See more
#2 ·
Run the D80 at full width. Up front, you might want to use a lesser spacer as the extra leverage puts more strain on the wheel bearings and ball joints. The dually spacer is way wider, but the tire's centerline is still further in.

You may need more lift to run 37's. If they are pushed out, they have a greater chance of rubbing the bumper and the fender liner, and if they are in they risk rubbing the leafs. I run 3" hanger/shackle and 4" leafs with 37x13.5 Toyo MT on 18x9.5 w/ 4.5" BS and had to drill and tap the steering stops to keep the rub on the leafs at bay.

#3 ·
Why do I have this feeling that I should be looking to do the 05+ front axle swap instead of worrying about wheels. That way once I get the front axle done, then I can deal with the permanent offset...

Well, I guess its off to the classifieds for an axle... Anyone have one in Norcal?

Beta, Thanks for the insight... You guys may have just saved me a couple grand on the buying the wrong set of wheels and bandaids!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.