Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

WHAT WIRES DO I CUT OFF

2K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  juniort444e 
#1 ·
Ok so im really close to getting my truck started for the first time.

Here is the problem, i have these three connectors

The green one goes to the map sensor thingy with the red and green hoses coming out of it. DOES IT NEED TO BE THERE OR CAN I CUT IT OFF.

The little one in the middle goes to the sensor on the pedestal and operates the ebv. DOES IT NEED TO BE THERE OR CAN I CUT IT OFF

Last but not least the yellow one goes to the fuel bowl, which is not on the truck anymore. So can i cut it off.

If i dont need them im going to either cut them off or just wrap them up in alot of electrical tape.

Need some input fast, trying to start it up today and then finish the rest and maybe have it on the road this week.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I wouldnt cut them, incase you go back to stock for a sale etc...other sensors like to see a specific voltage or fooler dongle etc. Like maybe the ebpv.

#6 ·
Sensor wires are different then acuator wires... I would not cut the EBP sensor, or the Map sensor, or the IPR or CPS or ICP... But the wastegate crap, the EBPV, fuel bowl heater and such are nothing more then trouble.

Of course I never understood why guys try and put there trucks back to stock when they sell them anyway.

Mine just go down the road...

#5 ·
I cut and deleted all plugs I did not need. Cleaned up the whole mess... WG wires, Fuel bowl wires, EBPV wires, IAH wires... all gone, with butt connectors sealed and tucked into the harness...

#9 ·
Oh and this is probably stupid on my part but the green plug goes to the thingy that had green and red tubing coming out of it. Im guessing that is for the waste gate not the map sensor. If so then im good to get rid of it too. RIGHT

#14 ·
That sensor connecion can reach into the valley with the rest of the harness in place?

#16 ·
I've changed a few CPS's and don't remember having that much lead available. Looks like a tight fit.

#18 ·
Yea thats what its for. I found it before anyone posted. Still took to long to find it tho..

Loading my tunes into the truck right now and hoping she starts up without any problems.

#20 ·
Nope no fire. Really sad. Cranked it on and off and some longer then others for roughly 15 mins, with no luck what so ever.

Started storming really bad so had to quit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.